Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jungle Pam picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RatRoy

RatRoy

faiskeoadave <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4671923", true); </script>
    FNG

WTF is that post all about??:confused:

2. 61bone

61bone

That is what you call the funniest dam spam I ever read.

3. sr

sr
    from Monterey

This is one of my favorite postings of all times.

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

one im not sure if it was posted

Attached Files:

• pam.jpg
      pam.jpg
      File size:
      12.9 KB
      Views:
  5. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Pam is not in it but , just one I ran across

Attached Files:

6. Mooseman

Mooseman

Cool picture that one .

7. Mooseman

Mooseman

The internet is a great thing . I have managed to talk to a few racers from the past and even racers from today on various forums and things on the net , One thing I realised is no matter how big of a hero they may be , they are just normal people like anyone else if you didn't know who they were you could easily walk past them in a supermarket without a second thought .Its funny I have actually got into the habit of now when I meet someone "well known" to treat them like any normal run of the mill person , they seem to appreciate it .

8. Chuck Carman

Chuck Carman

I believe Austin Coil said that back in the Chi-Town days.

9. Chuck Carman

Chuck Carman

Leave it to my old home track Atco. I have a few track official stories too.

10. Pam, if you ever make it out to the Cal Hot Rod Reunion, please come to the tower so we can chat with you over the PA for the crowd of fans that wil be there.

11. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

One of the coolest threads I've read (yes just done the whole thing),fantastic photo's, mistaken identities, drama queens and the REAL deal chiming in with cool stories.
    Jungle Pam, if you're still watching this thread, others can write the story for you. All you have to do is tell it as it was and we will read it.

12. Mooseman

Mooseman

I did the same thing NZ Rodder , saw this thread and read the whole thing haha .

13. I could've sworn this "Jungle Jim and Jungle Pam - Drag Racing Legends" video (or a link to it) had already been posted in this thread ... but I couldn't find it, so ...

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GqexMLnzlfc&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GqexMLnzlfc&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

14. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Good one I hadn't see that before.

15. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

[​IMG]

Pics by Eurkea

16. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

Yeah, Pam is correct, believe it or not, there was a time when women were not allowed on some race tracks... Thankfully "Jungle" was man enough to call the Atco brass out on that bigoted policy and make it right... Sure, we've come a long way in drag racing as far as permitting women to participate and be treated respectfully, however, there is still an underlying bigotry among some bonehead knuckle-draggers who don't think a woman's place is at the strip... Unfortunately there is still sort of a "San Fransisco Bath House All-Male Only" mentality among some men in regards to women and drag racing-- Occasionally I run into a few at the track, and of course there's web sites where they don't like a woman speaking her mind-- Fortunately this place is very welcoming of the fairer sex and ain't contaminated with bigots... All us women owe a lot to gals like Pam for helping break the barriers of bigotry, and making it acceptable for women to be a part of this sport-- whether they're backing-up a frumping flopper, or driving one, or even being like myself and working as a member of the motorsports media... I'm glad that the H.A.M.B. is a "girl friendly" cyber environment-- I made a lot of friends here... And thanks again to gals like Pam for blazing a trail for chicks at the strip... Pam has always served as a role model to me... I've met her at E'Town's Nostalgia Summernationals & Old Time Drags & Funny Car Reunion, she's a classy and very down to earth lady... It's my opinion that the sport of drag racing is extremely lucky to have her... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  17. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I don't see nuthin!!!!!!

B:confused:B

18. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

First put on your glasses..click the arrow !!!...:D

19. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

I agree and hope it stays that way. I've met so many good women on this board and at Hamb related events.

20. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

glenn33, I'm glad that you have the right kind of attitude and aren't biased against gals who want to be part of hot rod culture... I've come to learn that there's plenty of good folks here at the H.A.M.B. who share your non-bigoted position... As "Jungle" Pam so poignantly stated in her previous post, there was a time when some tracks refused to even permit a woman to step foot on the drag strip-- And fortunately for her, and all women, "Jungle" Jim was enough of a "man" to stand up to the prejudice... Like I said, I'm glad that the H.A.M.B. doesn't subscribe to the same sort of "San Fransisco Bath House All-Male Only" mentality that some of the other boards so blatantly do... We really owe a lot to ladies like "Jungle" Pam and the other gals of the sport who helped blaze the trail, making it acceptable for women to be a part of the drag strip scene-- And may I add, that Pam has done so with finesse, style, and grace... The sport of drag racing is extremely lucky to have Pam... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

21. slammed

slammed

BTT for the birthday gal!

22. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Bump for the Lunch crowd! Linda and Pam!

1940 Willys Coupe

23. I still think a JUNGLE PAM MOVIE wold be very cool...........at least the cars would be easy to find

24. Hilary swank to portray Pam.
    The picture above shows that guys on this side of the track won that day.
    Jungle Pam is forever in the hearts of racers everywhere.
    Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, Nice Lady.

25. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

Diana, I disagree; I seriously doubt bigotry had anything to do with that policy. Most likely it was some outdated safety concern (for the "fairer" sex) or something like that, akin to the absurd New Jersey ruling (up to 1974) where you had to be 18 years or older to enter into the pits.

Get this: you could legally drive in NJ at age 17 but you could not enter the pits in Raceway Park, Atco or Island Dragway to spectate or to race your street car!

If T/F racer Jeb Allen did not turn 18 shortly before the 1972 Summernationals he would NOT have been allowed into the pits. Ridiculous! As it turns out, he just slipped by that rule, was allowed to compete, and ended up winning the eliminator!

Pete

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  26. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

Well JP, if that is not you (I find that hard to believe but believe if you say it's not), it's your double and she's at a drag race, wearing Jungle Pam-like skimpy attire and glasses with very similar body build (ahem) and near the guardrail next to a couple of famous funnycars poised to make a run. Now, what are the odds of that?? Like I said, I find that hard to believe.

Anyway, it's great to know there are two of you.

Pete

P.S. I wonder if Linda Vaughn has a double? :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  27. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

28. If Pam says its NOT her then her word is gold in my book.......

29. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.