Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jungle Pam picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jungle Pam

Jungle Pam
    from 19380

Probably tend bar like everyone else. As a matter of fact I've tended bar for about 12 years all together.

2. Jungle Pam

Jungle Pam
    from 19380

Irwindale had the BEST burgers. OCIR was just plain fun.

3. Jungle Pam

Jungle Pam
    from 19380

Irwindale had the BEST burgers. OCIR was just plain fun.

4. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Well take care of yourself. And thanks for posting and making a few old guys happy

5. And younger guys as well!

6. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Not sure if you would want to share information as to where - perfectly understandable, as evidenced by some of the ungentlemanly comments posted - if you do, I would be happy to stop by say hello and buy the bar a round.

7. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Wow,Its really nice to see Jungle Pam here on the HAMB. I just love to hear all the stories that go along with the pics.

Welcome to the Hamb Jungle pam.

8. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Definately Grass-roots ain't for dainty folks!
    Racing, or otherwise.
    Very glad you posted, and here's wishing you well!
    Amazing...from "grass" roots, to a thread filled with enough images of one woman...one racing crew/car to fill up, well...who knows...the page count keeps rising. Its a GIFT, purely, that photography existed at all during our lifetimes, we take it for granted...its not a cell phone, not a microwave, or an Ipod...Its better: It captures TIME....and through the eyes of a human being.
    I was only old enough to catch the tail of this comet, when it occured, but, as a Hot Wheels collecting, model building kid, I soaked it up like it was the gospel.
    You folks were the untouchables...I never dreamed I'd be racing ANYTHING, or even building cars...even capable of it, back then, but, that pilot light always stayed lit, evidently.
    Cheers!
    If I was on a stool, leaning over my frosty glass, and you were tending, you can bet I'd give you one hell of a tip, because I owe you, Jungle Jim, and so many others...Wild Willie, Don G., Ohio George, Etc, Etc, Etc...
    SO much for the inspiration that was planted in my childhood. I
    Guess my father outta be getting a call, and a drink from me again soon, too...for bringing me into this world just at the end of that glorious, and never to be repeated era.

9. Those were IN-N-Out burgers. The Irwindale strip is long gone, but you can still get an IN-N-OUT burger in So Cal, and they are just as good as ever!

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE! have someone write your story.
    Your history is our history!
    There are many years ahead of you to remember the times but please dont be like so many great people before you that left us in their twilight years without putting down their expieriences.
    If you dont record it who will? Then we loose much more than an icon.

Doc.

11. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

Thank goodness Pam took Jungle up on the offer to tour with the FC, the drag racing world changed because of it! Back in the day the burnout and dry hops really added to the whole dramatic effect, and today's throttle stops and short burnouts are tame in comparison.

12. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

For all you guys full of yourself and drama, please go away and leave Pam alone!

This lady is nice enough to come on this board and tell stories of days gone by the least we all could do is SHOW SOME RESPECT!

Thank you Pam!

Now back to our regular broadcast!

1940 Willys Coupe

13. Truckedup

Truckedup

I was kinda thinking the same thing.Pam asked to lay off on the T&A stuff ,but it keep being brought up anyways.Whatever,she likely has a good sense of humor...............

14. thrush544

thrush544

Pam,
    Just wanted to say a quick thanks to you Pam for being "real". I grew up around racing in Ohio and Western New York and you sure were a young man's dream. I talked to you at the Nostalgia Nationals in Beaver Springs back in 07 while waiting in the food line. You're as pretty as ever and as nice as I always dreamed.
    Thanks again and best of wishes to you and yours always!

God Bless,
    Ed

15. Koolade

Koolade
    from Illinois

16. Jungle Pam

Jungle Pam
    from 19380

Good morning!

Posting at work before the boss gets in. Don't tend bar any more - unless it's at home. I always set the bar up just at the entrance so party goers can get their glow on and relax.

I remember the first accident I ever saw Jungle involved in. Epping NH. Dutch Irrgang and his wife and I were on the line watching JJ make his run in the right lane. Something broke on the car - the Graeber car - and Jungle flipped end over end a couple of times. I remember I burst into tears. I wasn't familiar with the safety gear and how well it works. And the tubing on that chassis was ginormus. Any way, after flipping a couple of times, Jungle landed in the trees to the right of the traps. Upside down. Hanging upside down in the trees. We get down there and there is Jungle hanging and he's whacking on the belt release. But since he's got his weight on the belt the thing isn't letting him go. The scene was somewhat humorous...now. Any way, the crew extracted him from the trees and carted him off to the hospital He was OK. Nurse Ratchet in charge threw me out of his room cuz we were too friendly with each other. Bitch

17. budd

budd

good morning Pam, I'm Lawrence, thats a funny story, you have had such a fun
    life, it quite a thrill to have you on here, i have to confess i have had a
    crush on you sense the first time i saw you, now to have you here and hear your
    stories, see in your words what a nice lady you really are, I'm getting my
    crush back..:) have a wonderful day Pam

Attached Files:

• ME.JPG
      ME.JPG
      File size:
      66.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  18. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

"Jungle Jim" hanging in the trees...Oh, Irony....;)
    This thread is a great insight, now that someone is posting who was as first hand as could have been...from tribute to interaction.
    I DO hope you continue to feel compelled to post, its awesome for us to get even these snippets of the early days of The "Funnies"
    :cool:

19. The boys at Motor Speedway NJ should have you as a celebrity bartender at one of their events.

20. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

NOW THAT....would be really cool...

21. Steelsmith

Steelsmith

Pam, I think for a lot of us guys, you were the woman, girlfriend or wife we never found. You were on the track, in the pits and knew what you were doing there! Women like you do exist, but are extremely rare and should be valued as such. Just think of us as your adoring fans. The years march on for all of us, that has nothing to do with the way we still feel about having you here.

Thank you for posting!
    One of many,

Dan stevens
    dba, Steelsmith

22. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Wow Pam!

Keep the stories coming!

Gary aka 194O Willys Coupe

From Deep In the Heart of Texas

23. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

Pam,

Thanks for the stories-it gives some great insight to a World that many of us wished we could be a part of. Like many here, I too grew up in awe of JJ and you, but were only able to see snapshots of your lives as you came through Town. Please keep sharing!

24. gotra66

gotra66

I know i am late to the show, but It is an honor to hear from Pam. I was born after after the hay day of drag racing. I have seen footage of Jim and Pam, and wish I could have experienced those times. On the subject of a Jungle Jim movie. I would love to see it made. I have seen some posts listing different actresses as Pam. How about Charisma Carpenter. She is a relatively unknown, and another natural beauty.

Attached Files:

25. raven

raven

I think we should try and get Pam to line us up at the HAMB drags.
    I'd chip in some money to pay to get her here... as I'm sure there would be others, too.
    r

26. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

that would be cool...

27. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Pam at the Hamb drags!

Sounds good to me!

I'm in for a $100.00

What say you?

Gary aka 1940 Willys Coupe

28. 61TBird

61TBird

Now that I'm back to where my "stuff" is.....

Hey There Pam,
    Here's a nice addition to this thread.
    My '68 Malibu I recently sold came from Bob Coyle Chevrolet.
    (Of course I kept the frame :rolleyes:.)
    Do you have any stories about Bob C and/or how he came to be Jim's Sponsor?

Thanks for any help.

[​IMG]

29. jmb

jmb

Hello to all @ H.A.M.B.,

My name is Jim, some know me from the Classic F/C Board as JMB. I own Jungles' Monza that was posted on here. I was introduced to the site by DA TINMAN. Cool site. Nice thread about Pam and Jim. Nice to see you at the Reunion Pam, wish it would of lasted more than two seconds but hey, I'm not complaining;). The gal leaning on the flopper w/ the Dyer shirt on is I believe Carol Lang. I'm not here to start any shit about anything but my car was brought up quite a few pages back and it was mentioned that it wasn't real, it is, 100% real. Again, I'm not here to poison this thread, just want to set the record straight. If anyone wants to ask me about it please feel free to pm me, got nothing to hide. Sorry if this is out of place.

30. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Welcome Jim .... Your JJ car is the real deal !!!. Screw what others thinK

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.