Register now to get rid of these ads!

June Already? Another Damn BANGER MEET!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Artiki, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Cloth wiring is normally fine. If it's frayed with exposed wires, it may present some hazard, but you'll have to assess on case-by-case basis per wire.

You can get new cloth wiring if you need to replace (replace as little as possible) & keep it correct...

2. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

Put baffles in the straight exhaust (like a harley) and you'll be fine! As stated before, just replace the cloth wiring with new repro cloth wiring, go modern rubber and plastic, and you just screwed up the car. Cloth gives it a wonderful look.

Also, its VERY important to remember, Henry Ford didn't design the Model A engine to sit much, it was design to be a running driving piece or iron, if you dont take it out much, don't expect much from it, and don't be surprised if you start running into problems with it from it sitting. Going in and starting it up for a few minutes doesn't do anything for the greas in the rear, steering colomn and other moving parts that need to see use.

3. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

I dunno. There's definitely something particularly cool in NOT running the car and preserving it as it stands - almost like a time capsule - complete with dust. That kind of decision certainly demands our repect, as it can't be an easy one to make. And it's a decision that has to be made every day, not just once.
    Hell, if it was mine, I'd be blowing the dust off it every single day, rain or shine :D

Thanks again for showing us the pics, Casper. They are a joy to see.

4. Simon

Simon
    from London, UK

Well the front end is back on - just waiting for a shackle kit and then we are back on the road.

Oh yes - the wishbone was also bent - the chassis still looks ok.

I am now into a $600 bill + my time.

5. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Any news on the CCTV, Simon?

6. The Wrong-Un

The Wrong-Un

Sorry to hear about your troubles Simon, personally I prefer to keep my car by the chalet, not so hemmed in and you can keep an eye on it a little better. That's not to say that it stopped the most annoying bunch of fuckwits in the chalet below us climbing in and out of my coupe without asking and in full view of us, at least I had the opportunity to do something about it. You'd think old cars and hot rods would be held in a little more esteem at something like the Rave, but what do I know?

I hope Jerry can come through with the CCTV images for you.

7. Simon

Simon
    from London, UK

We will just have to see - any way I am told that they have the right people on it and will be looking at the CCTV

I found some pics on the NSRA site that show the location it was left in.

We already know who the blue pickup belongs to

They moved early in the morning on the Monday

Attached Files:

8. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Hi Casper

I was hoping this car would surface around here some day.
    Have been thinkin' about asking about it, but never got around to it.
    Been reading holes in my copy of Hop Up.
    Absolutely lovely car.
    What a find. :):):)
    This is history in it's best form.

Keep us updated and what about a nice "on the road shot" ??

Paul