Register now to get rid of these ads!

June 6th fundraiser cruise!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MR_WIMONE, Jun 1, 2009.

1. On June 6th, Oakland Raiders offensive lineman Robert Gallery will be Cruisin’ For Our Community, in an effort to help raise money for the families of the four slain Oakland police officers whose lives were taken during the tragic events of March 21st.
    A Raider since 2004 when he was selected by the Silver and Black in the first round of the NFL Draft, Gallery was extremely affected with the tragedy striking so close to home and wanted to do something to help the Oakland Police Department. “I’m a big supporter of them. They do a lot for us. When a tragedy like that happens, obviously those families are in need. I think it is a good thing to do,” he said.
    Gallery plans to bring teammates along to sign autographs, as well as hold a silent auction and raffle for jerseys and assorted merchandise. “If they could sit there for a half-hour and sign autographs for a $10 donation I think we could raise a lot of money,” Gallery said.
    Gallery, who has an assortment of vintage cars, will be cruising in his restored 1954 Cadillac. During the offseason, the Raiders’ starting left guard spends a great deal of time working on old cars. “It's just something I've always kind of done,” he said. “My folks had a '55 Chevy. I remember that being the first car I worked on.” Since then he’s redone two ‘66 Lincoln Continentals, a ’55 Ford F-150, countless others, but it’s the Cadillac that really turns heads. As for his other rides, “They’ll be out there. One of my brothers is going to be here. Some of the Oakland Police Officers might drive my other ones [too].”
    The cruise will begin at 10:30 a.m. in the old Mervyn’s parking lot located at 7117 Regional St. in Dublin on Saturday, June 6th. The entry fee is a $30 donation, with 100% of the proceeds going to the families of the officers. All American classic cars, pre-1970, as well as American made motorcycles are welcome to join. The cruise will end at Los Vaqueros restaurant on 1000 North Vasco Road in Livermore around 12:30 p.m., with autograph signing, raffle, and silent auction to follow.
    “We’re going to try and draw the community in. I think with what the money is going towards, hopefully the community will come out, get something out of it, and hopefully donate some money. If you raise $1, that’s more than they had before. Any money can help.”

2. low49

low49
    from 209and408

3. Damn ... I sure wish I would have known about this Benefit Cruise earlier.

My son & I just happened to be driving by the Los Vaqueros Grill @ around 12:30pm ... and saw a dozen or so cars in the parking lot.

About an hour later, we were heading back home and drove past again ... but this time there was a massive traffic jam! :eek: ... cars (Hot Rods, Customs, Street Rods, Muscle Cars, Bombs, etc.) were backed up onto I-580 :D ... and Livermore's finest had stepped in to help with traffic control :) ... I looked for a place to legally park ... but found nothing close ... and we needed to get back home.

At around 3:00pm I decided to grab my point & shoot camera and make the drive back to Vasco Road to see what the the "car show" was all about ... by 4:00 pm most all the cars had gone ... but here's a few of my snapshots of some of the HAMB-friendly cars:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]