Register now to get rid of these ads!

JUNE 19 Racing at LITTLE RIVER Temple TX?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Skotz, May 18, 2010.

1. I just got of the phone with Hutch, the track manager at the Temple, Little River Drag Strip.

We just had the Hill Country Street Rods Show and Go there a few weeks ago with a similar format to the Day of the Drags, but with a much smaller turnout:(,( that could be atributed to the substituted rain date???).

It seems that Steve(Kontinentals) had reserved the JUNE 19th, Saturday date....but, they are gonna be in California for a shindig that weekend....thus the "now open weekend"

NOW FOR THE BIG QUESTION.......WOULD ANYBODY BE INTERESTED IN HELPING PUT ON A NOSTAGLIA EVENT FOR THAT WEEKEND?????

I know that this sure isn't very much time to be trying to organize a well supported Race.....But, if there is enough support??? from both spectators, racers and vendors.....then an effort could be put together.
    The track guys would run a large portion, as they do already, we would just have to pull off the "other 90 percent":rolleyes:.

SO, it comes down to this.....Several folks will bust thier butts to pull off this race on a short timeline to make the June Race...I sure as hell don't have time for this with my other commitments, but as usual, I am a glutton for punishment:rolleyes:.
    OR, option #2.....rumor is that the HCSR aren't going to be putting the May Race on next year:mad:.....So, some of us could take over that slot(IF THE INTEREST IS THERE?????)....this would give us(you) time to set this up?
    A big part of the whole equation would be how to draw the DOTD 2000 people verses the HCSR 450 people....YES....it should be a BIG FRIDAY EVENING PARTY with time trials, and then the timetrials/ Races on Saturday:cool:....

LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS, PLEASE:D.

Thanks as always

Attached Files:

2. QuadQuad

QuadQuad

Would love to go down to Temple again...just can't due to the parts and time needed to get the car up and running again properly without killing myself...

The future plan for next year sounds good though!

3. QQ, that was a cool old school racer you had there! I sure understand the "parts and time" part:rolleyes:"...gee whiz, who has spare change/time anymore?

Thanks for the reply to the post....I definately have a lot of hope for next spring, and I just talked to Steve, and he feels the same way:D....we'll just see if there is any interest for the short term.

So CHIME IN HERE FOLKS......DO YOU WANT ANOTHER SPRING RACE AT LITTLE RIVER....(that would be this year and/or a Spring Event also).....or is just one a year enough for you:confused:????

4. The Shocker

The Shocker

Im always cool with another Nostalgia race ,but not enough notice this time if its in June.I work for real slave drivers ,and the only way for me to get a Saturday off is to take vacation .Unfortunatley all my vacation is spoken for the rest of the year with Ardmore Hotrod Reunion coming up and a few others.I will definately be racing there at the DOTD next Fall though :)...

5. Thanks for the response......You are "ON" for the Fall DOTD:D....see ya then

6. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Sorry Skot that's the same weekend as the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green.

7. Dirty2

Dirty2

Would love to also but already going to BG .

8. Big Tony

Big Tony

I'm booked that day and could not make it

9. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Sounds like people got stuff going on already in June. I'm all for building up the May race next year. If the HCSR wanted to give up that race it could be turned into a spring DOTD 2 day event. I'm sure some other group could do it if the Kontinals didn't want to that soon after the Round-up.

10. I was kinda figuring that on short notice, that this wasn't going to work:(, but I told Hutch, that I would put it out there.
    Looking forward to NEXT SPRING:D for this one.

Thanks Tim, Danny and Tony for responding.

11. Bill,
    Like we talked about, next SPRING ought to be our new target date:D....just too much going on that was pre-planned.

I do find it "interesting:(" that all of the response so far(besides you) are from folks up towards DFW.....WHERE ARE THE AUSTIN DRAG RACERS/PARTY-ERS?????? Sure is Quiet ???? What is wrong.....lets have some input folks.....or is there just NO INTEREST???

12. BELLM

BELLM

I would be up helping out BUT I got some surgery coming up and that will probably get in the way so I can't commit to June.

13. Rusty

Rusty

ALso the 2nd Annual TEXAS NOSTALGIA NATIONALS in Grand Prairie is a go for next MAY 2011

14. seatex

seatex

Shit, I'm in Skotz. I'll get with the "LOOSERS" and see who I can get stirred up for a day of draggin" WTF Not............ jb

15. Eddie,
    If Steve doesn't take it.....How about the Thunderbolts taking it:cool:.....shoot fire, y'all are the first ones out there anyway...hahaha

16. The HCSR dates are in Mid April(17th original date for 2010), so that would give 2 or 3 weeks spread for the TNN Drags....that should work out good. Do you have a date picked out yet???

I am so glad that you are "foolish enough"....ahhhh, I mean energetic enough:rolleyes: to pull off another one....Like I said in an earlier post.....I had a really, really good time at your event...Flathead FED coming next year:cool:.

17. Lets see, got about 9 responses so far with almost all of them, with the exception of yours, saying that it wouldn't work out for them:(.....Unless there is a really big response like yours, I don't think the numbers justify it right now....dang-it.

I still don't understand the lack of "Austin" area response:confused:.

Lets keep the fire going for at least a Spring 2011 Race:D.

And Thanks for your reply!!!

18. BTT....Interest check, again????

19. Kettleman

Kettleman

To do things right and get the best turn out, next year would probably be the best. Sounds like it will be a big task and having more time to put things together will help make it a great time for all.

20. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Ya' have the Thaw in Feb.,White Walls in April, Texas Nationals in May, back to Ardmore on Labor Day weekend for the Hot Rod Reunion race and then the Day of the Drags in Oct.
    Need something to fill in between May and Sept. I'd like to see a race next year in late June early July.

Tim