Register now to get rid of these ads!

jumped my hot rod in NYC last night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty petcock, Aug 24, 2008.

1. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

On the way home from the Rumblers show I hit a jump that some road crew guy must have made as a joke. prob. got like 3ft. of air:D. Thank God I only broke one of the rear shocks. It as all the way extended and tweeked in a bind. I unbolted it and pulled it off and back in the road I was. The show was awesome with plenty of burnouts, beer, and boobs to go around. It was something out of a movie, like 1000 people on bouth sides of the street with hot rods, customs, and bikes doing burnouts wheelies and running from the cops that really diden't seem to care about all the meyhem, kind of just letting it all happen.

2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That is an awesome show, too bad I missed it this year. The horrendous roads are a contributing factor in not making the trip, they really take a toll on a lowered car. Though I must say, a group of sleds rolling 10 deep down 34th street, past MSG, was one of the coolest places I've driven yet

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like a super time....................................until something goes horribly wrong and the street is littered with bodies when an axle breaks or a throttle sticks.:eek::mad:
    Do they give discounts when the ambulances pick up more than one body? I understand that is true in some locations. Carry on.

Frank

4. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

yeah I guess it is not the safe thing to do, but NYC is not that safe to begin with.

5. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

The neighborhood is not so bad and neither are the streets. I went to school in that neighborhood and have hung out there most of my life. NYC always invokes these types of statements from out-of-towners -- I guess it is just what you're used to. Rural areas scare the crap out of me -- never know when a cow or something will be standing in the middle of the road around a blind corner. Yes NYC and that area of Brooklyn area a little rough around the edges but nice people live there just like everywhere else.

6. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

Verry true, I can not argue that at all. Except for the condition of the shitty streets. I guess I was just trying to downplay the danger of being killed by an out of control car posted by fab32. I slept in my car under the BQE with no worry at all. It was the human shit I cleaned up before the show got started that had me scared. haha

7. 79shovelhead

79shovelhead

you are a crazy s.o.b

8. ratster

ratster

what no picts?

9. this thread is 2 and a half years old.

10. retromotors

retromotors

True, but I bet that pothole/jump is still there .... only deeper!:eek:

11. BJR

BJR

So how about some pictures of the boobs, I mean burnouts and hot rods.