Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical JULIANO'S 3 POINT NO WELD RESTRAINT SYSTEM INSTALL?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 36tudordeluxe, Feb 27, 2015.

1. 36tudordeluxe

36tudordeluxe

I have a '36 tudor sedan and Juliano's seat belt system with the "no weld" anchor bracket that mounts inside the "B" pillar rather than welding to the pillar. Instructions online show that the bracket can be pulled up inside the pillar with a string; when I attempt to pull bracket through the pillar it hits the cage nuts for the striker plate in the door jamb; the one opening for the bracket to slide through in the pillar is located below the striker plate. Anybody used this system?

2. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You may have to do some minor grinding to get that thick no-weld bracket to move up the B-pillar, like I had to on my '40.

3. 36tudordeluxe

36tudordeluxe

V8 Bob, when you installed the bracket did you start at a point below the striker plate in the door jamb? Was your problem the same as mine? Thanks for responding.

4. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The B pillar on the '40 coupe is open at the body below the quarter window and allowed the bracket to be installed above the striker plate. I did partially weld the bracket into a slightly modified B once I positioned it where I wanted.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015

5. 36tudordeluxe

36tudordeluxe

To get this to work had to chamfer the edges on the bracket and make an opening 1" X 3" above the striker plate in order to get the bracket to fit in the "B" pillar. A little more involved than what the directions show.

6. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To complete the installation, I hope you used Juliano's anchor plates in the floor. Unless you are anchored into the frame, I've seen some horror using bolts and washers. I've used them in 5 cars so far and think it is a safe idea.

wuga

7. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I don't see these in their catalog, what do they call them?

8. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you open the 48 page printed catalog online you will find the no weld B pillar brackets on page 17.

wuga, it's hard to beat Juliano's belts and hardware. :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  9. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Didn't work in my 48 coupe . Had to make my own.

10. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

My Julianos catalog is so old it only has about half that many pages. I used their 3 point belts in my 53 F100 and was not impressed. Bought the last two sets from Southern Rods and they work fine. Thanks for the info.

11. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Page 5 of the on line catalogue. Anchor plates JU010600 $15.00/pr
    wuga