Register now to get rid of these ads!

Juice Brake Unions on my A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by urbanriot, Aug 6, 2013.

1. urbanriot

urbanriot

Got 40s Ford juice brakes on the A. Just changing the 1940's single pot Master cylinder for a twin pot from Corvette.

Having some issues trying to find 1/4 pipe unions that fit the new MC.

Choices seem to be run a 6mm drill thru some 3/16 unions to use 1/4 pipe or find a reducer 1/4 pipe to 3/16 pipe - or re plumb whole car in 3/16.

any other sugestions ??

2. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

So correct me if I misunderstand this.Your MC from the corvette uses 3/16 brake lines? You are trying to mate that to a 1/4 brake male fitting? If that is the case why not use a 3/16 inverted flare female to 1/18 male pipe fitting into a 1/8 pipe union. Then put another 1/8 pipe male to 1/4 inverted flare in the other side. Join the adapter to the MC with 6" ready made brake lines.

3. If your master doesn't have res valves in it, use the res valves as the union......1 side to 3/16" line and the other to 1/4".

My '47 have a chrysler master and I had to make a 3/16 fitting use a 1/4 line......drill out and re countersink.