Register now to get rid of these ads!

JR Motorsports Ledges Leaf Run-Free Cruise/Show-Boone Iowa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigugly, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Bigugly

Bigugly

Hope this is the correct place to post this. Just wanted to pass this on to anyone who might be interested in attending. The company I work for JR Motorsports, is putting a free car show/cruise for this Saturday, Oct 9th in Boone Iowa. Please see the attached flyer for all the details. We are hoping to make this a annual event if there is enough interest.There's no registration fee, and a free lunch is being served at the JR Motorsports store in Boone Iowa off Hwy. 30. We will meet at the store, go for a cruise around Ledges State Park, and then return to the store for the car show, lunch, and awards. Feel free to email us or give us a call if you have any questions.

Attached Files:

2. southsider

southsider
    from Pella, IA

Sounds like fun. Too bad it is the same weekend as the Pileup. If it is going to be an annual event, I would strongly recommend moving it from the 2nd Saturday in October (Pileup weekend) A lot of people from central Iowa will be in Illinois.

3. Might have to try this out! I will get a couple of the guys rounded up if possible.

4. Bigugly

Bigugly

Sounds good! My dad (Steve O) is planning on attending.

5. Isn't Ledges Park still tore up though?

6. Bigugly

Bigugly

We did want to go through the park originally, now we are taking a route on some roads that go around the park. Still is a nice cruise with lots of scenery.

7. Bigugly

Bigugly

Sounding like we should have a decent turnout.

8. Howd this turn out? Sorry I didn't make i. I ended up having to work till noon today. Any pictures?

9. Turbo Rocket

Turbo Rocket
    from Iowa

I didn't make either. Sounds like it was a good show. I think I heard 34 cars, which isn't bad for the first year.

10. Cool, hopefully Bigugly can give us totals and maybe a few pics.

11. Bigugly

Bigugly

We had a good turnout, and a good assortment of cars. 35-40 cars ended up showing up. Everyone seemed to enjoy the cruise and the show. We are all ready talking about ways to improve on the show and make it more enjoyable for those in attendance. I want to thank everyone who came out. The gentleman in the 4th picture brought out his street rod, and his dirt track dwarf car. He took the dwarf car out on the entire cruise. He won the Special Interest award.

Attached Files:

12. Bigugly

Bigugly

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Finally got some pics posted for anyone interested. Hope to see more people make it next year. Think things went very good considering we only had a month to plan this event after some changes in management were made. Below is a link to the pics. Next year will be even better and more polished.

http://www.jrmotorsports.com/GalleryItems.cfm?GalleryKey=491&gallery=item
    [/FONT][/FONT]

13. Make sure you give us more of a heads up next year!! Wish we could have made it.

14. Bigugly

Bigugly

We sure will. New management was instrumental in getting this put together in as much time as we had. Next year will be even better, and we are hoping for more fun and participants!