Register now to get rid of these ads!

Joyce Johnson was in an Accident in her RPU "CherryBomb" on Saturday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Wow, I hate to hear something like this. I hope that everything is alright, please make a speedy recovery

Dan

2. A very special lady that means alot to me. Glad to hear she wasn't seriously hurt.

Get well soon Sweetheart!

3. Prayers sent.

4. best wishes for a speedy recovery..

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, when I asked her she said they did work on the steering but steering box was not replaced. She said the truck always had some bumpsteer but was never as bad as she noticed on Saturday. She said she felt about 6-8 inches of play in the wheel and that was not normal. She was driving home from getting the truck back when it happened.

Hinsight is 20/20

6. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Man that sucks, Best of luck to both of them !
    Rob

7. vein

vein

prayers are with her hopefully there ok!

8. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

I know the truck very well. That is a shame for sure. We are wishing Joyce and Roger well.

9. Best wishes for a speedy recovery...

10. This is really a shock. Joyce is a sweetheart, she's put a lot of miles on that truck. I'm glad she's okay, and hope her friend heals quickly. Send her my best, Denise.

11. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Prayers to all involved. Always liked that truck, hope it makes it too! Of course, sheetmetal is nothing compared to someone getting hurt...

12. I never met Joyce but I knew her husband "Bub", when he was alive. We both collected vintage toy hot rods and his collection was fantastic.

Here's praying for a speedy recovery to all involved.

Mick

13. Paul

Paul
    Editor

never met Joyce or Roger

but that little truck is one of the sweetest little trucks out there
    hope the best for all
    and hope the truck gets put back together too

Attached Files:

14. if ya haven't already, i hope everyone will run out to the garage and install belts!

15. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

wish you all a speedy recovery joyce & rodger

16. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

That is sad, that truck is a NW icon.

weather was drizzly on Sat (it was swapmeet day).. Sunday it was nice and sunny.

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang, I hate to hear that. Here is to a speedy recovery for Both Joyce and Roger.

Also I hope the truck is repairable/rebuilable. I'd hate to see that one be lost to the parts department.

18. Sorry to hear,hope they both recover soon.

19. 1940AD

1940AD
    from New Jersey

hope you get well soon....

that truck looks just like a Nylint toy I have :)

20. Speedy recovery, thoughts and prayers from Montana.

s.

21. Paul

Paul
    Editor

me too

Attached Files:

22. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

I hope they both get well soon. That is a very cool truck. I am so surprized at the lack of seat belts, or the amount of people that still don't use them especially in an open car. looks like Boyd like her truck too, he has apparently given up his hawiian shirts for coveralls!
    [​IMG]

23. bigken

bigken

GodSpeed to both of them, and the healing road.
    BigKen

24. mr.wolf

mr.wolf

oh wow!!! thats awful!! joyce is by far the coolest lady i know, and roger is among the nicest guys i know! the rpu was in mad max creations, after another front end collision... i hope all is well

25. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

joyce is a nice lady and the truck is just as nice, i too hope they recover quickly, I saw that truck at Mad Max Creations this weekend which is the craziest thing.

26. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

And I hope the people in the OTHER CAR etc ......I know we DIDNT forget about them??????? :eek:

27. glmke

glmke

wow that sucks. have seen that truck so many times around portland and gresham.hope she is ok and they fix the truck.

28. FuelFC

FuelFC

And when (not if) you do put them in wear them.

Here's to Joyce and Roger mending well and quickly. Lucky. Scary lucky.

29. Blackie

Blackie

Damn! She is an inspiration to all women in the hobby! That little truck of hers is an inspiration to all cars in the hobby, too. Weird, I was just thinking of that truck yesterday as I was looking at my truck and the little fixes it needs here and there to the body. The "Cherry Bomb" had been very well preserved with fixes to the body with touched up areas, rather than a full repaint. The result was a time-capsule with the scars of the road. I saw Joyce leave the Portland Transmission Show in it (she took of like a spit-fire) and thought "I hope my daughter grows up to be like her!" I wish her and Rodger well...

30. Let's not get this thread off course. I know Joyce and Roger and spoke to them both Sunday. Don't for a second think Man Max had anything to do with the Wreck until the facts are in. Brent and his Crew are top cabin Builders. Insinuating his work may have had anything to do with this is just Wrong. They would have never released Cherry Bomb to her if there was any Question about it's Safty. Joyce and the Truck is part of there Family as much as she is ours. There is No reason to cast Doubt on the Quality of work done when all your doing is Speculating.
    Keep the Well Wishes coming and Drop the What if's for everyone's sake. Untill the Facts are known anything said is just Balogna.
    The Wizzard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.