Register now to get rid of these ads!

JonnyHotRod Coupe running again- Vid

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnyhotrod, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

It's been a long time since I posted anything on the coupe after tearing her down about a year ago. That time was spent finish welding the chassis and body, completing the floors, making door sills and wheel wells and roughing out the bodywork.

The last month has been a HUGE push to get her on the road. I've spent many a night at the shop, working until I get stupid and waking up to get back to it at 5 or 6 AM. I've thrice been called "Pig Pen" and twice asked if I was homeless... After taking a week off in DC, I'm back to it, but with far less to do. I need to install the seat, taillights and bleed the brakes and I could take her out for a spin... So I'm off to do these things and will have a more in-depth update up to this point sometime soon.

Here are a couple from last night. She started up this easily after a year with no tweaking. Tweaking to follow ;).

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonnyhotrod1

Jonny

Attached Files:

2. yep your getting there young fella,ol' skool

3. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Geez..Tis bout time eh !
    Look'n good my friend... Gota get up to Hebron Pines in August!
    Pontiac Slim

4. Ya gotta come south to some shows too!

5. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

Thanks! I should be making it to some shows VERY soon! The new seat I have has different mounting points, so I need to fabricate new mounts and am incorporating hinges for access to the wiring. NH requires a horn, so I need to do that before registration. Brakes need fluid, everything needs a cotter pin and or a lock washer if not one, everything has to be cranked down just to be sure, E-Brake, etc. It's all piddly shit that HAS to be done before safely taking her on the road to rip the tires off. Then inspection...

Jonny