Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jonathan W.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kiwijeff, Jun 16, 2019.

1. I'd like to introduce Jonathan W. He's not a Hamber, and as far as I know, has not even heard of the Hamb.
    Jonathan owns a towing business, and fixes/repairs old cars. He makes You Tube vids of the old cars, he brings em home and repairs, not restores, these clunkers.
    Enough of the text, go watch this vid, then decide if you want to see more. This Packard powered Stude gets a birthday. Enjoy.

2. Here's the next one.

3. missysdad1

missysdad1

Same style as Coldwar Motors videos on YouTube only without the silliness...which I like. There's something very human about grown men giggling like little girls. I'm hooked on 'em.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    chryslerfan55 and B Bay Barn like this.
  4. Yes, i watch Coldwar Motors too. I'm hooked on both.
    There's so much educational stuff that's explained in a way that us average car guys can easily learn new things.

missysdad1 likes this.
  5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

pretty cool

kiwijeff likes this.
  6. He does some cool stuff. Look through his vids to find the few on the hardware store he made for his yard, out of the box from a box truck. It's pretty cool.

7. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

ive watched all his video s and been a subscriber to his youtube channel , very interesting to follow , down to earth and not afraid of work ,

kiwijeff likes this.
  8. Yes I watch his videos. He made wooden spokes for wheels. and used his machine shop equiptment to do wood work. also made a bronze thrust washer to take the end play out of the crank on the same vehicle. Pretty savvy guy. Hard worker. I wish he would do a cyl soak and pull the oil pans and clean the sludge out on those first starts.

chryslerfan55 and kiwijeff like this.
  9. I knew there would be some here who watch. I learn something new nearly every time.

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you will never see me pulling pistons from a motor in the car outside in the dirt. that would take all the fun out of it for me.

kiwijeff likes this.
  11. Hard to keep things clean out in the dirt. Once I was majoring a 4-71 Detroit in a Terex earth mover. I had plywood set up to lay my parts on. had loaded my pistons in the liners. had everything clean and ready to start putting it back together. and the foreman who was pushy and always asking how long is it going to take. And I always replied it will take as long as it does and not a minute longer go bother someone else. He came driving up way too fast and skidded sideways to a stop in a big cloud of dust. and it drifted all over everything. As he was walking behind his truck. I grabbed a big crescent wrench and threw it at him as hard as I could. He ducked and it went thru the back glass of the pickup he was driving. He yelled you broke my glass. I calmly replied that was supposed to be your fucking head. The look on his face made me very happy. I went to gathering up my tools. Told him you clean the parts and fix it yourself I quit. They mailed me my last paycheck and deducted the cost of the broken glass.

Budget36, alchemy, kiwijeff and 3 others like this.
  12. I guess the foreman learned something that day. :D

Old wolf likes this.
  13. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Today this is called "anger issues" :mad:

Old wolf and kiwijeff like this.
  14. Today's Stude Packard vid.

wicarnut likes this.
  15. Here's the first drive vid.

16. The 56 gets new floor panels, and right front fender.

17. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

I was wondering if any here watch this guy ... imho, he does use the R** Rod word too often.
    He really does know the difference though. I followed along with this build last month.
    I found it inspirational, Love to see a go getter get out there and git er done.
    The body he started with and vids of repairing it ... I enjoy it.
    This vid he did the build in 30 days or so, there is several vids to complete the series.
    Now the car he is working on, makes me laugh to see what he is starting with, it is looking much better after a couple days.

chryslerfan55 and kiwijeff like this.
  18. Yep I seen his newest project. not much to start with.

kiwijeff likes this.
  19. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

yes the latest car he is building calling it a pile would be kind , but he does nice work and it is looking much nicer now

kiwijeff likes this.
  20. And now he's building a Roadster out of a bizarre Coupe thing. It's showing some promise. I've cringed every time he's used that r word, since starting this thread, lol.

chryslerfan55 likes this.