Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Joma Mirror/ Thermometer Combo?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ziggster, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Ziggster

Ziggster

Anyone know what this might have come from? A buddy gave it to me after he was clearing out the garage of his 91 year old mother. I'll be incorporating it in my build for sure.

image.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    catdad49 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. A friend of mine has one of those. I can't seem to talk him out of it. They are so very cool. I would guess that they were an aftermarket piece and not something that came from the factory. I could see it possibly being a dealer installed option, possibly for high end cars. The one that my friend has is the only one that I've ever seen.

mgtstumpy likes this.
  3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I see them come up for sale every now and again on E-Bay. I believe that they were aftermarket accessories like the NOS Passing eye in OEM box that I picked up to add to my collection of nik naks. It appears that the thermometer still works?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Looks like they may have been a supplier to the car companies even into the 50's and 60's as well as the aftermarket. As stumpy mentions, there are some on e-bay currently. s-l1600.jpg

catdad49 and mgtstumpy like this.

5. Ziggster

Ziggster

Thanks. I see there are two similar ones on eBay. Mine is missing the glass but seems to be working.

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

So it must give you outside air temp with built-in wind chill factor? Gary