Register now to get rid of these ads!

Joined the ranks of the unemployed O/T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotroddder, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Hotroddder

Hotroddder
    from Auburn, WA

I have seen more than a few of these subjecte here...

Boy did I mis-judge the character of the guy I worked for. 6 years of faithfull, dedicated work, and I get layed off and replaced with by a guy that was hired in only 4 months ago......

Mostly my fault, pushed quite a bit to make changes and to hold prople accountable for their performance, just like I was.......

Apparently they did not want to hear it....

Probably a good thing, as the frustration level was pretty high.

What sucks the most is the outgoing speach..

Very dedicated, loyal, there in crunch time... blah.. blah... blah....

Now I have some timed to get some things done.... If I only had the $$$$$$$$$$$

Never fails.... either have time or money, never both at the same time..........

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

3. DrJ

DrJ

Been there, pretty much exact same story.
    Sad to say it's become the norm in "business" rather than the exception.
    Look at the bright side, if it keeps gettng worse, people will realize once again that the only effective way for a worker to have fairness in businees is to have a union, and not one that is just another business for some "union boss", like the "big" unions became.

Unless you do a job that you truely are the one and only person who can do the job, your position is vulnerable.

4. Sorry to hear that.Same thing just happened to me.Almost 6 years of performing miracles,solving problems,and fixing other peoples mistakes.
    New boss on the block likes the way this self taught Genius sucks cock,so I'm history and he's in charge of all my responsibilities.And by calling it a "Temporary layoff" they don't have to give me any notice,pay in lieu of notice,or severance monies. [​IMG]
    It's nice to deal with professionals,I'll let you know when I find some.

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]

Boy did I mis-judge the character of the guy I worked for. 6 years of faithfull, dedicated work, and I get layed off and replaced with by a guy that was hired in only 4 months ago......

[/ QUOTE ]

The New Guy is most likely making a LOT LESS money so he got to stay. The bottom line you know. Sometimes the boss just wants a change..........

Been there , done that.........

[​IMG] Good Luck on the job search [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TINGLER

TINGLER

I've been layed off most of the summer.

What really sucks is that I'm self employed.
    The boss is a real DICK. [​IMG]

Hang in there man.

JT.

7. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

happened to me in january,didnt even see it coming.just make sure you take advantage of the time off .another job will come along.
    good luck

8. daddylama

daddylama

Sorry to hear that- a lot of good people have been laid off in the past couple years...
    happened to me more than a few times...
    havent had a "real job" for well over a year now...
    and dont plan on it ever again- happily self employed now... a lot of stress, but at least i dont have to worry about being laid off any more. Just have to worry about not making a steady income, which ive grown used to.
    it's a lot more work, working for yourself... and really not for everyone... but i would highly suggest trying it!
    Well... unless you've got a family to support... then disreguard everything i just said.
    Best of luck-

9. If the psychopaths of this country would only start shooting the CEOs instead of their co-workers, being "laid-off" like you were, would become a thing of the past.

IMHO [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Jimv

Jimv

I've been laid off twice in 3 yrs!! First time i didn't see it coming at all, worked my ass off for the company,was there "right hand man" & they let me go like they were flickin a cigarette out the window, thought nothin of it, I thought it sucked I was 49 at the time & really had a hard time getting a job, second time was 18 months ago & I am working now, but I kicked back & enjoyed myself while I was collecting !!
    Something will come up, hang in there.
    Also once your collecting do yourself a favor & go tell your boss hes a fuckin idiot, meet him somewhere & tell him that, you'll feel really good about it, i did it & it felt great!!!
    JimV [​IMG]

11. Hotroddder

Hotroddder
    from Auburn, WA

Thanks for the words of encouragement....

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
    Sorry to hear that.Same thing just happened to me.Almost 6 years of performing miracles,solving problems,and fixing other peoples mistakes.
    New boss on the block likes the way this self taught Genius sucks cock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly........................

I have only been unemployeed for 3 months total in the last 26 years.....

It scares me not to have a steady income......

I hope to take a few weeks off, and get my head straightened out, then hit the bricks and look for work.

It was a real shocker to have this guy turn on me this way. He was a way cool owner, and always seemed to care about people....

I have always thought I could read people well, this one caught me by surprise.........

12. HIS turn is coming. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Hotrodder, sounds like your heart is in the right place, just need to get your head there with it. Bosses like to hear solutions not problems. It may be a little late for ya with this job but next time around you may want to do a little research with the boss and find out where he needs help before you suggest ways to hold others accountable. I've been on both sides of the desk and they both suck at times, knowin' how the boss thinks will go a long way in deciding how you offer your advice. Good luck, talented people don't stay unemployed long....

Like JimV said, have a talk with your old boss and let him know how he let you down, you'll feel better and he'll think twice before he let's another valuable employee walk...