Register now to get rid of these ads!

John's Picnic Today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Binga, Nov 5, 2006.

1. striper

striper

CARPS, If you didn't paraphrase my quote you'd agree that calling the sound "Shit house" would probably be classed as a complaint.

Just thought of another one too. I did a hubcap for the auction but it didn't get auctioned. Is it in your private collection now?

2. Man glad you had an ace time. Spend the two weeks from John's to Bright to the Swap next time!!!

Danny

3. Adam F

Adam F

Hey all,

Had a good time. Saw some nice rides, and quite a few ones I haven't seen. caught up with most of you guys. Good to meet KSK and Socal! Sorry I didn't get to get any work done Tony, I kinda drifted off then got distracted!

Attached Files:

4. flatoz

flatoz

Had a good day, carless and all. was some great cars there, some trash too. but thats the yin and yang thing.

got to chat to most and shot about 150 photos, cant complain.

5. It's kinda weird being at the event and not seeing pretty much ANY of the cars or goings on while you're there....I had no idea there were any presentations done and I was 20 metres away!

6. Bern_29

Bern_29

Presentations???? There was presentations?? Didn't see them or hear them...
    Man, our trade site was flat out all Sunday, from the early morning till about 4pm. Didn't get too see much, except for heaps of people!!
    Was a great time, although maybe the bands were a little louder than normal this year, and then again maybe i'm just getting old!!!

7. Adam F

Adam F

8. KSK, nice to meet ya man and great to see you make the long haul man.

Thanx for the kind words too !!

Rat

9. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

OK got my pictures happening now. And seeing as I have very similar tastes to the others I'll try to not repeat pictures of the same cars...

Greg Fords setup-

[​IMG]

Sweet cadillac-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This 55's been around for a few years now but I like it-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I reckon this car looked better before all the striping and new grille-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Was good to see you KSK and to meet Allan. Hey I always like to make newcomers to the Picnic feel welcome and give them a little momento of being there. Don't think I even got a chance to photograph the piece I gave Allan. As I had only done it the day before. Glad he liked it. Was a great day as usual and this post always allows me to see stuff I didn't get to see. Thanks to all those who have posted on this thread! Geoff aka whodaky

11. oz socal

oz socal
    from Perth WA

Hi all
    had a great weekend,I truley was speechless all weekend thanks whodakey for the panel psychobilly boi for the bed and a ride in the av8 the standard of cars on the east coast is mind blowing I want to move to melbourne!! If I can ever return the favour please don't hesitate to ask I'm off to air bag the fc panelvan and paint it,

12. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Frank, I told you your car is one of the best in the country right now at Sandown. You gotta believe me now!!

Peddro, man I just made the link to Kustom Ink, I brought MFS 1 off you a few weeks ago, and will be ordering some more on friday. Thanks man, great to have somewhere we can get them without the luck (Lack off) of international mail!!
    Doc.

13. Adam F

Adam F

Hey Oz Socal,

After our conversation on Saturday I used that Tyre Shine trick you told me about. Should have done it years ago car looks great now! Just a little hard to steer - it slippery that stuff :)

Cheers mate.

Adam

14. That's my mate Eric's old cad. Used to be blue and was previously owned by an Australian actress back in the 50s. Used to be a true old war horse (it was an everydayer!) before it got refreshed.

15. Hey Doc,

I've been telling him for years and he still wont listen!!!

Danny

16. striper

striper

Swap meet? Is there a swap meet? Shit, is it that time again already? Shit. Nearly missed it.

17. Well how about posting some of your pics then Corey.

I always like to see what other people took pics of as I seem to miss cars during these events.

Binga

18. Pete, there was the swap meet at Croydon on Cup Day, but of course Bendigo Swap is coming up on the 18th/19th...so keep NEXT weekend free.

19. oz socal

oz socal
    from Perth WA

good to hear adam I used to buy the shit in bulk love it I think I got hooked on the smell. send us a pic
    Alan
    OZ SOCAL

20. Adam f thanks for the photo of me striping Ray Ashbys 52 chev.
    I'll bee there next year if you can wait that long for some stripes.
    I would really like to make it to bens gran opening....

21. striper

striper

Shit, shit, shit. Mother in laws 60th. Overnight stay in Ararat with the kids and all. I'm out.

Pete

22. What ort of hubcap? I don't recall seeing it and it's defiitely not in my personal collection.

On the other hand, the toolbox I did for the model car challenge, is not in the winner's hands because some lovely person decided they needed it more and removed it from the trophy table. Maybe this person knows what happened to your hubcap.

23. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the posting the pictures guys. It seems a lot of you are very naughty boys running without fenders............ :) :)

24. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

pharque this is 2 years old.

had me going there for a minute :D

25. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bugger, was looking for this years.......I best look harder next time..... :(