Register now to get rid of these ads!

John's Picnic Today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Binga, Nov 5, 2006.

1. See how thoughtfull I am. :D

The whole idea of wearing that outfit was to avoid the guys with the exploding vets.

Nothing wrong with being anal, I just think that a rod built to look traditional, and using an old engine should have a generator as part of that look. Likewise, steering unis don't fit that image although they do a lot of good in the safety dept.

Maybe. However, according to US "Motor Magazine' Ford sold only 256,867 cars in the US during 1932 and I would wager that there's more 1932 Fords on US roads now than they ever sold new. And there's definiteley more on Australian roads than ever rolled out of Geelong. And yes they were ALL dark coloured.

Yes and Frank's light coloured version wuld till be the standout car in a sea of sameness.

But then some of us would have the even more stylish and sleek model 40. ;)

2. My Torana unis are still working just fine and tight as a drum too. ;)

So we can expect to see some street rod graphics on it soon? :D

Yup and the first cb off the rank next year is The Kustom Nationals at Phillip Island on the weekend of January 5, 6 & 7, it should be bigger than ever but not quite as much fun as great sex, however it will last longer.

3. Ok heres a compromise.

Howza about flat black steering unis.....for that STEALTH look lmao

Rat

4. .....PLUS there'll be OTHER people there besides yourself!;)

5. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

HAHAHAHAHAHAAA :D

Hey where were you on sunday?? Couldnt find your stand...

6. sololobo

sololobo

way to go mate! More thunder from down under. The planets best source of what's-up in da car world strikes again. Thanks for takin your time to share with us blokes who couldn't be there. Really a super bunch-o rods and customs. The Little cutie on the big ass bass rules. Aussie Brooke Tatnell runs world of outlaw sprints, and get to see that show weekly on the outdoor t.v. cable channel, he is awesome. I'd be buying your ass a nice cold Fosters if I was in-da-hood. Rock-on! Sololobo

7. sololobo

sololobo

way to go mate! More thunder from down under. The planets best source of what's-up in da car world strikes again. Thanks for takin your time to share with us blokes who couldn't be there. Really a super bunch-o rods and customs. The Little cutie on the big ass bass rules. Aussie Brooke Tatnell runs world of outlaw sprints, and get to see that show weekly on the outdoor t.v. cable channel, he is awesome. I'd be buying your ass a nice cold Fosters if I was in-da-hood. Rock-on! Sololobo

8. striper

striper

Carps,
    Can you do a tech on that quote thing. You're the man.

9. striper

striper

Only foreigners drink Fosters.

Brook Tatnell is unbelievable. He just drives right around the outside of 'em.

10. I got the hell away from the band after the Saturday (most agreed that it seemed louder this year) as my ears were ringing by late arvo and set up beside the Confederates BBQ. Much nicer! I could actually talk to people...which is nice when you're a trader! I think it helped even though it wasn't the most visible spot.

That's the only criticism I have (as I don't get to see any cars to complain about them!).....the music is always way too loud. Keeps quite a few people away from the centre area.

11. striper

striper

The music was bouncing off the wall of the pavillion. If you stood half way between the stage and the building it sounded shit house.

12. A couple more pics I found in my camera.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Was trying to get to your stand all arvo but people were stopping me to go see this car or that car,the price ya gotta pay to be popular:D

Call me an arse kisser:D ...I still like the caps on the car only I would change the rims colour to the same red as the engine.
    But thats just me

Binga

14. Sorry, didn't realise you have to do it alone, I usually have at least one other person present.

15. He went somewhere quiet to have some sex.... alone. :D :D :D

16. Nice? People? not words normally associated with The Confederates. What happened, dod something go wrong?

Funny thing I was thinking the same thing this year, dunno if the sound guy had new equipment or what it was but the sound was different. Usually it can be heard down at the gate beside the mahinery shed but this year once you passed the betting window all it was was a garbled mess of noise, not at all clear. Seemed alright under the canopy and well, if you are adverley affected by loud music, then all I can say is, welcome to old age. :)

17. Is this a complaint or simply an observation? :)

18. Hey Carps, sex alone is still sex...HAHAHA ;) ;)

Binga

19. I know. :D :D :D

20. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Rat Bastad, your deuce is killer man.

21. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Frank the coupe looks great. Sorry our pathes didn't cross so we didn't get to talk.
    Was a funny sort of picnic for me, as I did it a little different than usual. Had a good time as uaual, but wasn't as rushed as it often tends to be for me.
    Thank you to John and all the KOA crew for another great event with entries well over 2500.
    And as usual Mr Carps, is always great to see and talk with you. Geoff aka whodaky

22. Hey Geoff, thanx for the kind words.

Saw you come in and said a quick hello but was all over the place. Perhaps we can catch up at Bright next week.

You are going Bright?

Rat

23. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Suppose I should post the images I took. Geoff aka whodaky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    A double bass I striped for Matt.
    There is actually a magenta hinding behind those aqua lines and I intend to add more colors at a later date, probably next year at the Picnic!
    [​IMG]

24. Retroline

Retroline

Great photos guys and great lines Geoff. I remember seeing that makeshift 55 el camino on ebay a while back. Lots of work.

25. Seems each year the picnic grows and grows. I had fun harrassing some of the chevie club on the way down, geez they drive like old women! Didn't see as much as I wanted but sure as hell got burnt.

Wayne me thinks you need an LSD centre for your stang to even out the tyre wear :D Thanks for detouring after a fairly long day, and thanks for the good feedback on the EK. I finished making the plate for the glovebox, just needs holes and paint.

26. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thankyou Skippy. I'll get the hang of this striping thing some day!
    Frank, everyone one I talked to loves you coupe. It is a stunning hot rod and you should be very proud. I feel priveleged to think that you let me lose with some paint on it.
    No I am not going to Bright. Might get down to the Kustom nationals and then to the deuce thing next September. I don't get out much these days. Maybe a bunch of us can organise to go up to Castlemaine in convoy for the 75 year deuce thing. Just a thought!

Lines done earlier in the year on the decklid of ratbastard's ( Frank's ) blue 3 window Geoff aka whodaky
    [​IMG]

27. Even I could be up for that!

If it wasn't for the lines Frank's car might have missed earning a trophy. :D

Nah, not really, but they do fit the car better than that alternator. :)

28. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I hadn't noticed the alternator, I look at the hot rod as a whole.
    Geoff aka whodaky

29. Anyone got any more pics

30. Flew over from the west for the weekend and had the time of my life.
    Met some of the other Hambers over there,Ratbastard man youre 32 is the
    goods ,Carps thanks for the chats over the weekend and i'll would like
    to do some more striping for the auction next year.Special thanks to Pychobilly boi for letting Socal and myself crash @ his pad also Zac,and Ben.
    Thanks to everyone and also to the man the legend Whodaky Allen was so
    happy with the the panel that he got.Thanks again every one and even to the guy who thought that i was Von Franco.
    My Fav rides for the event
    Rats 32 3windo
    Colins 51 merc sled The man lat me take it for a drive thanks mate.

Von Kustard will be there next year....