Register now to get rid of these ads!

johns picnic photos... lots of 'em!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by autocol, Nov 3, 2003.

1. autocol

autocol

okay, so i got there too late to be in the HAMB photo, but i DID get there, and took an arseload of photos to prove it!

i've got them offsite, but i'll still post a few times as insurance against possible internet fuck-ups, of which i've already had a few just now.

anyway, the first car i saw, a nice FJ holden ute:

[​IMG]

followed by this sweet black 33-34 5 wind-a...

[​IMG]

2. autocol

autocol

now a hemi powered 33-34:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my favourite numberplate for the day:

[​IMG]

have i mentioned that it piss-pours rain in melbourne in spring?

[​IMG]

3. autocol

autocol

next up was a 32 roadster which, from what i could gather, is owned by the guy that runs flatattack racing. this was a NICE lookin' flathead, as you'd expect from someone whose business is, well, flatheads!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wanna talk hood ornaments?

[​IMG]

this had a skull in the taillight... look close...

[​IMG]

more striping, same car, other end...

[​IMG]

some lettering. i had to digitally adjust the photo a bit, and it may be hard to make out, but it says "always fucking up"...

[​IMG]

4. autocol

autocol

down here, we basically have to have fenders to last long on the street.

[​IMG]

i met up with peddro at his magazine booth, which he had to stand at all day, but i'd say i'm making a fairly safe assumption in saying that this is his car!

[​IMG]

on the subject of people putting their name on their plate, i'd love to have my surname on a plate, but unfortunately i was born with the same name as the rat...

[​IMG]

more of that car in a second. here's another name on a plate:

[​IMG]

though i'm sure you'd agree the selection of car isn't exactly in tune with "the man"... perhaps this would have been more appropriate:

[​IMG]

5. autocol

autocol

alright, LAST post....

"most patina" award was one by an XM (XK?) falcon:

[​IMG]

from the same family comes this XP panelvan (no such thing as a "sedan delivery" down here...)

[​IMG]

i said there'd be more of the A coupe with the FINK plate, and here it is, with its cousin:

[​IMG]

damn good.

[​IMG]

did i say damn good already?

[​IMG]

there you have it, a bunch of photos from the show. it was grouse. thanks to carps, chopper, and everyone involved. that was the first year i've ever been, but i'll be back for more!

oh yeah, a word from our sponsors on what NOT to bring. look at the STANCE on this thing! AAAAAGGH!

[​IMG]

6. Crestliner

Crestliner

Some nice rides. If you look at the 33-34 with the hemi, you will see its not a hemi, but a flathead with a ardun conversion. Love to have one.

7. autocol

autocol

i stand corrected!

i'm bloody hopeless at obscure engine identification, and to be honest, i don't think i'll learn. so long as there's 8 cylinders, i'm happy...

i will say though, it's one tough looking mill!

8. Hey Col, you sure you weren't gettin into the piss with Miki? Not being picky.... well OK I am, but who cares?

Donny McGregor's 34 coupe is blue not black.

The injection on that '32 roadster is one of 'Flathead' Mike Davidson's kits but he doesn't own the car. It belongs to a young feller who's a member of the Spades Club here in Melbourne.

The triping on flames is not the same car pictured above, that one is a mid fifties Plymouth. The flames are on Paul Norton's '50 Ford Coupe.

Fenders are required by law, not for longevity. Many choose to flaunt the law and have been running fenderless for years without adverse affect on their cars. [​IMG]

Yeah, I know I'm a bloody smartarse, so here's a loverly pic of Peddro's favourite Buick en route to the event at a tad before 'sparrow's fart'.

Attached Files:

9. despite being pretty busy during the event, I did manage to shoot a few pics of my favourite cars. Here's a neat '34 Ford Coupe Utility on airbags.

Attached Files:

10. Originally built by KOA as a raffle prize, the T Special just gets better and better each time we see it.

Attached Files:

11. The sixties look aint dead yet.

Attached Files:

12. autocol

autocol

hey carps. up late mate!?

that candy apple roadster in your last pic had AMAZING paint. i mean AMAZING! you could tell from a distance that there was just something about it, but as you got closer... the perfection remained! i have a shot of a friend of mine reflected in the door, and it's like a mirror, only door shaped, and red!

i like shiny paint. and i looked at that paint for ten minutes. really liked that car.

13. This channelled '34 roadster with Y block Ford was a high end ride when I was a kid.

Attached Files:

14. This '35 Coupe is an old rod that looked pretty ordinary with the wrong grille treatment and plain black paint. recently changed hands and the new ownerdespite not being a long time rodder has shown that the right grille, decent wheels and tyres plus some paint detail is all most cars need to look right. A silk purse from a sow's ear for sure.

Attached Files:

15. [ QUOTE ]
    hey carps. up late mate!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, writin up the event for the magazine story etc. Still way too much to do after the last car leaves the grounds. [​IMG]

Best bit about that roadster is how it seems all the gurlz love it. Didn't see the silver FJ Yoot in your pic but I loved this FJ Van.

Attached Files:

16. As if anybody cares, the red yoot in the background of the pic above is a '64 Valiant. Probably the nicest yoot from any manufacturer for that model year.

OK here's the last one for today, I won't post any more unless you request them (I have plenty).

Attached Files:

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks to all those that are posting photos. Looks like a nice show despite the weather.

Carps, I'd like to see more if you have the time.