Register now to get rid of these ads!

John Milner's Dragster ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zack Methvin, Jan 3, 2010.

1. if you can get the blonde to go with it.hell yeah build it........think of all the "cloned" AG 32s that will be free tow cars.....................

2. superbyrd

superbyrd
    BANNED

i met paul at the street rod nats in louisville,ky quite a few years ago. we walked around and stood and shot the bull about the UPS show truck that was on display at the time. it was an old ford bread truck,slammed,bagged,big wheels and flames. paul thought that truck was just the coolest thing. he is a very nice and down to earth guy. i enjoyed talking with him.

3. Build it, and they will come?

4. It actually took place on the same day in four different Years.

5. 2wildcuda

2wildcuda
    from nevada

I actually saw this dragster about a month ago on a trailer in a fast food parking lot. It was kinda rough but you could still see the john milner driver paintjob on the car. I asked the 2 men if it was the original car. they claimed it was and were in the process of restoring the car. wished i had a camera. I recognized it right away. good to see its still around...

6. voxnut

voxnut
    from sacramento

More American Graffiti took place over 4 years, but the original film was set in one evening in 1962- but included a Beach Boys song from 1964 in the soundtrack.

7. I hope you're right

8. 2wildcuda

2wildcuda
    from nevada

Yeah, just watched the movie and am positive it was the original car. The body and paint were very unique. The car appeared to have been sitting out for some time, rear slicks flat and the scoop missing off the small block, otherwise it seemed to be all there as i recall..

9. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

What a treasure they have. I wish i could have found it. LOL

10. I hate Cheby's, but I would build that car in a heartbeat, get it, "Heartbeat"

Seriously, if I had found the real car, I would CackleFest it! I would love to build a clone to race too.

11. Has anyone talked to Dave Uyehara to see what he remembers?

12. -DMC-

-DMC-
    from Ohio

I got that model. If I remember I have 2, because it could be built like this too...
    [​IMG]

Well I guess I dont know how to post images...http://cacklefest.com/08NHRR/Burger-pit-1.jpg

Yeah it did have 2 versions, I just looked at your pic, which didnt show up when I quoted you, closer...

13. Boont

Boont

"It is my belief that the original is at G.Lucas's "Skywalker Ranch" in a prop barn." dreracecar

There is no prop building at the ranch. There is however an archives building and I have been in it many times. It has George's old personal cars and one gift car from a client, but no movie cars. There is also a bunch of other neat stuff in there which I won't go into.

boont

14. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

Does anyone have any more info on the original car's location? I have been looking with no success.

What about blueprints of this car??

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  15. Hey look at Milner's coupe in this pic, it still has the Man-A-Fre setup!?! I thought it ran dual quads in the second movie...
    -Dean

16. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

17. HotRodWillys

HotRodWillys
    from California

Here's what I know and is from a reliable source from a friends dad who was at the filming of More A/G at Fremont..... The Hunt Bros. car was owned at that time by a friend of his (who I will keep anonymous for respect of his privacy) rented the H.B. dragster to the movie people.The Hemi was not originally in the car and was borrowed from another person only for the movie. My friends dad ended up buying the "Jimmy Calhoun" purple dragster with the cross ram that blew up on the starting line racing against Milner.The Milner dragster was also said to have been lengthened for the movie,hence rumors of it not being the Masters & Richters rail.One thing to notice...Look at the paint job on the later M&R dragster and then look at the Milner car.Same paint job but flames and decals were added for the movie. Both dragsters were legal running racers,NOT movie props. The Hunt Bros. dragster was an Ex-Gottelli & Safford fueler. This rail ran low 10's in Super Pro trim in the late 1970's with a Chevy block. My friends dad saw the Milner car for sale in National Dragster for $500,yes,$500 bucks! The add said it was missing body pieces. The Hunt Bros. car is now called the "Sniper" like someone else mentioned earlier in this thread and still exists.Ive heard far off stories of where the Milner dragster is and in my own opinion its one of two things.... It was cut up for scrap years ago or its been so modified and updated whoever has it does not know what they have.Any old dragster that was built back then would need the whole back half cut off and updated to legal specs if it were to be raced today.Ive heard the rumor also about the body being somewhere in Fresno or Bakersfield but most likely BS.With all of the attention and popularity of the movie it would have surfaced by now.Especially for someone putting it up for sale to cash in on it.Heard another rumor that Brizzio street rods bought it and it burned up in a trailer fire.If that were true,why would Rick Fegari (sorry if I spelled your name wrong)be looking for it? He knows Roy Brizzio and he would have been told that story already.
    R.I.P. Milners dragster......

18. HotRodWillys

HotRodWillys
    from California

Ok,I admit..... I have Milners dragster.... and its signed by Paul Lemat :D

Attached Files:

19. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

Wow, that is some great info. Thanks for posting. It is looking more and more like the Milner dragster will remain a mystery.

20. purcellrefrigeration

purcellrefrigeration
    from Fremont

Herre are pics from the movie more American graffiti at Fremont raceway fremont, ca aka Baylands 1977 I ran my blue willys in the movie

Attached Files:

redlineracer42 likes this.
  21. purcellrefrigeration

purcellrefrigeration
    from Fremont

22. jkwrangler2012

jkwrangler2012

Anyone have any news on this?

23. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

It's possible. I don't remember if that car ran a sbc or not (guess i'll have to watch the movie again) :D a few years ago I when to the Boondocks on a trip to Mt. Rushmore and saw this dragster (If its the same place I stopped) and the block had been "windowed" down around the pan rail area.

24. XERB

XERB

Real interesting, sure is a mystery

25. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

just buy her a blond wig and be happy.

26. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Anything new? This is quiet interesting!

The only things i can ad:

I love that movie. Especialy the part where they cut the front off, use one from another car and wins. And the awsome cars!

And that the chick from island, so hot. Funny sidebar; here name is swedish/Danish: Anna Bjørn. We are the only fuckers in the world using Ø.
    She talks Danish, and they have a norweighen dish washer translating. But he talk swedish. So Funny!
    People from Island got more complicated names like Dur or and last name end on son. That hottie is from Scandinavia.

Back to the regular show folks!
    I wish that someone finds it.

27. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Even funnier (or stranger): she's the person who found mobster Whitey Bulger!

28. bigrick53

bigrick53

Hell if any body is making the T shirts for any of the teams from the show I'd buy a few to show off at the track. I may be crazy with all the cackle nuts on this spot I'm not the only one that will buy a few to finance some one to help build clones. Our track is only 10 years old. Old Rod Run Shirts make a for a lot of bench racing stories and old NATS shirts well that's a whole another thing. Just a idea

29. There is a few people on eBay selling copies of the Milner shirts.

I have entertained the idea of building a tribute car to run, shirts and all...