Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs John D'Agostino '58 Olds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rot 'n Kustom, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I have been a fan of John D'Agostino's cars since they started appearing in the old Classic & Custom magazine.

I recently had a look at his website and spotted one I hadn't seen before:
    a 1958 Olds called The Egyptian.

Has this car been featured in any magazines?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  2. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

It were a articele in the swedish magazine Wheels Magazine.

3. cuomo73

cuomo73

Rod & Kulture issue #17

4. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

This car is currently on display in the lobby of the Petersen Museum. In February it will be heading to Sweden for the show circuit there.

He's just completed a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz that he'll be debuting at the GNRS.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010

5. 76ironhead

76ironhead

That im my favorite car fell in love with it the first time i layed eyes on it.

6. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

some of his cars dont quite make it for me, that lavender cadillac futuristic thing for example, but most of his cars are just stunning.
    I really like this olds and I also remember a 55 cream colored caddy that was just perfect.
    I always look forward to another show season just to see what he has going on.

7. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

no brother Hambers gots my back today,whats up? that funny stuff wright there

8. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Thats funny stuff

9. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Oz is the man! hows that?:D

10. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

that works,got to think thats funny

11. I'd like to think a lot of us on here know better.

Great car...

[​IMG]

Bryan

12. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

yeh I know,but it kinda funny to think that there realy are people out there that thinks johny me,lol,work on his stuff,and id love to see just one picture of him with a grinder,welder,a wrench,any thing but a camera,that gay ass duster or his check book in his hand,id like to see that,thats what i think is funny----Oz

13. LMAO....agreed.

Bryan

14. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

me to,see ya in sac pimp,hit me up there

15. I love his work!!! BIG $$$ will get you anything you want

16. Cool....can't wait to see what you bring this year.

Bryan

17. John Denich

John Denich

whos work??? Oz's work...YES...Johnny D...NO....Hey Oz are you going to have car at the GNRS? WHAT MAKES A DUSTER GAY...Is it the Handle:D:D:D

18. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

its how you use it,they are not realy gay (I HAVE ONE TO BUT IM NOT GAY,OR I THINK IM NOT,I DO HAVE THE SAME DUSTER,HOLY GRAP IM GAY)thats funny stuuf

19. Muttley

Muttley

Beautiful job on that car but it has too much crap on the sides IMO. I've always wondered where the guy gets all that money to have so many hi-dollar cars built.

20. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

maby not as hi dollar as one would think? thanks though

21. jerry sezar

jerry sezar

Met John in the early "80's at Oakland. He had a car called the "Taihitian". The car was beautiful. He credited the craftsperson's that helped him on the build then and ever since I've know him he has been honest about who doe's what on his cars. He works a regular job and spends most of his free time promoting his automotive interest.......that' how he makes the money to pay painter's, uhpolster's, etc. I wish I had a few more customer's like John. "Wallet's" are nesecary in our hobby or people like me wouldn't have a job. After a few years at my shop the "wallet's" learn to weld, machine, paint and start building their own cars.......pretty Kool!

22. Muttley

Muttley

I wasnt trying to disparage the guy, just wondering.

23. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

im not say n nothing i wont say to you or john face to face,he talks crap,and cant back it up,ill talk alittle crap( none as the truth)and can back it up,to every one how like to sick john dick,and dont like it ill be in sac------- OZ

24. zombie

zombie

i think the biggest problem are the magazine features do not give enough credit to the builders. that is why a large percentage of people think john (and a number of other promoters) are the builders opposed to the promoter. there is a difference, and i think a good article should acknowledge the builder as much as the promoter.

z

25. zombie

zombie

im always suprised when i hear of the "hardcore" traditional guys that havnt seen this mag. wtf? 10 car features per issue. just traditional hot rods and customs. no rat rods. no sleazy broads layed all over the feature cars. give it a look, you might just like it.

[​IMG]

26. twochops

twochops

Is this a old thread? Something makes me think that I read this
    somewhere before.

27. Guys like that are art patrons. Artists need them. They finance the dream cars.

The job of magazines is to let us know who did the work.

There is cryptic humor in some of the above. I'm not hip enough to get it though...

28. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Is a killer ride anyway you slice it.

29. the car has to be seen up close to get the full detail effect of the car its old school fine. As to that ol green Merc ? oz your truely a master.

30. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

oz you paint some great cars, but i think you might be illiterate