Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical JOE ITOW CHASSIS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chickenshift, Feb 28, 2018.

1. chickenshift

chickenshift

I need any photos of a bare Joe Itow chassis, or any photos of one modified by Kent Fuller. I'm pretty positive the builder(s) of both these chassis had a hand in both. (Pics. Below) I've been trying to get info on Dick Guyette, and his "Isky Clown" dragster for what I thought was 5 years. It's been more like freakin 7-8! Still not much farther. Also still needing a Potvin Blower Drive setup, intake manifold etc. for early olds. My only option I guess is to start calling the hell outta people. I'm gettin this damn dragster finished one way or another by summers end. I don't give af about paint. I have damn near everything for this down to correct NOS forgedtrue pistons and even the right Grant rings. Need that Potvin though. Couple items I'd possibly be willing to trade towards that, or ALGON 4port 671 injection unit with hat.

Attached Files:

RICH B, loudbang and catdad49 like this.
  2. chickenshift

chickenshift

I was really hoping to get more replies and interest in this. Bit disappointed. Thank you to the couple fellas who did offer advice and ideas. I owe ya! And it's appreciated!

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To be truthful you appear to have all of the info on that car that I know of. That may be the case, there probably just isn't much more info out there. Most race cars in that time frame had their one shot of fame if they managed to get a photo spread done and you never saw anything else on them.

I remember the rotogravure section photo of the car in Hot Rod but don't see much more on it except a rare race coverage photo. I was in my teens then and seemed to absorb anything I read or saw into the memory bank.

chickenshift likes this.
  4. chickenshift

chickenshift

I just need info. and pictures of certain chassis areas. Old photos etc. 2 front engines that ran Joe Itow chassis. Ed Pinks white Pink & Ansen, modified by Kent Fuller also, and damn near identical chassis wise. And the Stan Hill Jerry Rollema "Jimmy Dandy". It has descent pics of main rails Itow likes to use. Anyone know who owns that or restored it?

loudbang likes this.