Register now to get rid of these ads!

Job Opportunity in Upper East Tennessee

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BRENT in 10-uh-C, Jan 15, 2006.

1. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

[​IMG]

Not to chew up a bunch of bandwidth but if there is anyone interested in working in a modern restoration shop (that also does some street rod work), I have an opening for two full-time craftsman (craftswoman).

The first opening is in our 2400 square foot bodyshop working as a paint & body(wo)man. This person needs to be self-motivated with an eye for detail to be able to turn out straight bodywork and flawless paint in a timely manner that is a value to the customer.

The other is Sheetmetal craftsman. This person should posses skills to shape/fabricate everything from a patch panel to a complete body out of a flat piece of metal. This person will be working in a 700 square foot room equipped with a Pan Brake, Foot Shear, B2 Beverly Shear, 30” Pneumatic Planishing Hammer, ShopDog Power Forming Hammer, English wheel, Lancaster Shrinker & Stretcher, and other metalcrafting tools. Possible training to the right individual but that person would need to be able to Gas Weld & TIG proficiently and prove stability.

For more information about us, go to www.rods-restorations.com to see part of what we do. We are a fun, laid-back shop that has plenty of work because we crank out excellence. If you are a team player that excels in your craft, click on our Contact page and shoot me an e-mail.

Painting a '29 Model A Coupe...
    [​IMG]

Handmade '49 Merc. fender skirts...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,

2. jalopyshots

jalopyshots

Man, i'd love to do that. I'd like to take a week off work and work for free in the shop, I'd even clean the shop bathroom. There arn't any shops here in richy rich northern Va.

3. KustomF100

KustomF100
    from Joliet, IL

Hi Brent.I ttook a look at your web page,and have to say,you guys do some nice work.Then I saw the racers that you build,and USE....really neat man.Nothing like a banger powered roadster cackling down the front straight at full song.Good luck finding some help.

4. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

I appreciate the kudos about our quality but if you think a banger powered Roadster sounds good, go look at the group I race with!!

I don't know where you live in Michigan but we run a couple of times up in NW Ohio less than 3 hours straight south of Lansing. If you like bangers, you will freak out at the banger powered sprints --some that are SOHC or DOHC, some that are the only known head still existing, and such like that. We run on 1/2 mile dirt tracks.

Matter of fact, if the Model A/B's don't "charge your batteries", then maybe the Offy powered Midgets will...
    [​IMG]

Come watch us run sometime. I promise you'll have a ball!!! :p

5. 51 pickem up

51 pickem up
    from mosheim,tn

brent you don't need a cook up there do ya?
    ha ha ha
    al sisson
    mosheim,tn.:D

6. bcarlson

bcarlson

Richard let me borrow one of his prototype powerhammers a couple years ago... it worked so slick! Awesome for anyone who needs a Pullmax or Yoder, but can't afford one, or doesn't have the space. Heck, he didn't even pay me to say this, they're that good! :)

Ben

7. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

They are nicely built aren't they. The more you use one, the more you find you can do with one. A Pullmax is almost too big for our purposes too.

I actually talked with Richard about buying a seperate dedicated P/H that I can use my thumbnail dies in to use as a Shrinker. I don't think there is a single piece of sheetmetal on a car that Richard's P/H could not make from scratch. :rolleyes: My only regret with my unit is that I didn't buy it earlier!! :D