Register now to get rid of these ads!

jimmy smith art work come to life 28 model a 2 door tub

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Didn't think you were doing the SW Colorado thing....glad you got to see it, especially in a fu-king hot rod!

2. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

jeem driving that tub in souther colorado was priceless. there were times that it was boring as can be through nebraska , indiana, iowa and kansas but colorado made up for all of that. driving in grand junction,montrose, gunnison on us 50 and driving up to ouray was so cool in an open car. we did the milion dollar hwy but that was in rented jeeps from imegene pass and ophir pass. i want to move to colorado so bad.me being into toyota 4x4's just makes me want to be out there up in them mountains.

jeem thx again for the fuel to get me into an open car. i have never had an open car and i have to say this car was fun but it just didnt do it for me for open cars. i think i am a closed car kinda guy. if i only had a bit of colorado in ohio.

3. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

oh and kendeuce thx for being there on the trip. you alway make it fun!!!! also thx for putting up with me and helping when they took dad and dana to the hospital so we could find out where the wreckage went.

NO BLANCO QUESO!!!!!!!!! AMERICANO QUESO!!!!!!!

4. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

No sweat, if you let it go. At least you built it and enjoyed it! I'm with you though, I like closed cars for getting somewhere.

5. I have to agree with your thoughts on closed cars. I love the look of a roadster, and in certain situations, the experience can't be beat. There are other times that an open car is just plain brutal. The wind, the heat, the noise, and especially the sun (I'm a white kid of Irish descent). I prefer coupes and sedans because I like being in my own little climate-controlled cocoon. Plus, I have always thought that the roofline is one of the most important styling features of any car, and it's the one element that, along with stance, give the car it's "attitude".

If you decide to build a closed car, please do a build thread just like this one. I have thoroughly enjoyed this entire build. You and your Dad have a great sense of what looks "right".

6. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Thanks Drew, but it's AMARILLO AMERICANO QUESO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. doose32

doose32

kenduece aka NO QUESO KID,
    THANKS for a great trip. b-ville as usual was perfect and the jeep in the mountains idea just couldn't have been better. cross country in a hot rod with my son , you and my step son was as good as it gets, minus the mishap in kansas. we're all healing and the coupe will have another chance.
    I AM SO THANKFUL THAT I GET TO WORK EVERYDAY WITH MY SON, DOING WHAT WE HAVE A PASSION FOR, AND TRAVELING WITH FREINDS AND FAMILY.

32COUPEDEVILLE [MY SON]. THE NO QUESO KID[ KENDEUCE] AND DANA [MY STEP SON]

WWW.DROPPEDAXLEPRODUCTIONS.COM

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  8. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Just glad you guys are ok! Metal can be replaced. Your right about working with your son, nothing like it!

9. the-rodster

the-rodster

I checked out the tub pretty hard at the nats, parked by the swap.

Sweet.

How do you get by with the headlights attached to the axle, looks like it would shake/crack the lens?

Rich

10. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

man you would think that the head lights would be bouncing all over the place at nite being mounted on the split bones but i DO NOT have any problem with them. i drove cincinnati to wendover and back over 4000 miles with site seeing and never had an issue!

11. the-rodster

the-rodster

I do like my headlights mounted low.....

The tub is way cool.

Rich

12. Wow. Awesome.

Walt

13. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

14. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

well i built the tub . drove it to speedweek ! did some touring in colorado. found out i do not like open car so i sold the tub. it is in north eastern ohio now.