Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Jim Street Golden Sahara?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Dooley, Apr 19, 2010.

1. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

No, a different one.

[​IMG]

2. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

3. Plowboy

Plowboy

Coll Video. I think a built in cocktail lounge is a feature most cars these days are lacking and should be brought back.

4. Denise,Jim Street of Dayton ,Ohio.....Jim Street is not his real name....I've got it here somewhere and will PM you his real name

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks but you don't have to, I already know his real last name and actually have his old address too.

6. His real name was Skonkakes, but that may not be the correct spelling.

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So, changed it to Street for public use cuz his real last name is so hard to pronounce??

LGW13 likes this.
  8. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Probably so no one would bug him about the cars!;)

Off Topic, Denise, you probably don't remember but I met you at the last Cinematic (may it rest in peace) and never found you again. Don't worry if you don't remember me, my brother and I showed up in an ot f-150 cause we couldn't get anything else running in time. I couldn't find you at the HAMB drags last year, but it was my first year and there was too much to absorb.:eek: Anywho...I hear soo much about these cookies and was wondering if you'll save me at least one at the HAMB drags this year...Good Lord willing I make it??:D

9. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I read somewhere that he bought it from Barris. After he sold it, it was chopped up by a following owner somewhere else in Ohio.

It may have technically been more of an orange color. It was a full custom chopped/channeled/sectioned with fadeaway fenders. From the reports I read on the auction, it was pretty tired, and sold cheap considering it's history.

10. weez

weez

The Ayala '41 was in the parking garage that night, Denise. If I'd known it was gonna go for that little...

So if the Kookie gets restored finally, there will be, what, 4?

11. Von Franco

Von Franco

WEEZ more like A hundred ha ha ha.... Well at least 25 that I know of ..............

12. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

He resides over on the east side of Dayton, Denise... about 10 minutes from my house

13. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

Denise, this the Bob Drake car.

Attached Files:

14. chop32

chop32

I read a few years back that if Mr. Street were to restore the Kookie T he'd to do the pink/white, dual blower, dual rear tire version.

15. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

You know when it comes down to it they are all clones starting with Ivo's first. Take out the Nailhead put a Cad. engine in it, paint it black and what have you got? The Lightnin Bug! Even mine is coming closer to the original now that I have cloned the engine.

Attached Files:

16. imnezrider

imnezrider

Interesting thread. Yes, I spent time with him when I was still a Buick District Manager headquartered in San Antonio. He was touring the car at that time (early 70's) and we had a promotion at a local dealership. He took about 100 vitamin pills a day and had me go along with him to a health food store every so often. He had a drop dead, gorgeous girl that traveled with him (Gloria I think). She was an ex Miss Florida. He was also an excercise faniatic (carried weights with him) and literally "made" Gloria excercise in their room. If you watched the video, you probably saw him as a scrawny dweeb. Forget that...when he removed his shirt, he became a short version of Arnold Schartzenager. I visited with them many times in their hotel room, but never went anywhere else with him since he was always telling me about someone he punched out at a bar or someplace. Of course, he was never the one who started the trouble.
    The cars drew a tremendous crowd.......

LGW13 likes this.
  17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Cool insight, and might explain alot of his personality at the time (maybe now too) but that was 35-40 years ago. Anyone see the cars in the last 10 or 20 years?? He's gotta have car friends right??

18. john milner32

john milner32
    BANNED
    from ohio

i have a pic of the t that is signed by norm and this street , skonzakas, ?? cant read the writing. have pic of sahara too, in somewhat orig form. saw them both on a fluke, while going to look at another car that was for sale. this has been some years ago. he also had this monkey that he would smack in the head with a nightstick to keep in line. it was interesting.

19. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

I know there are people here who know him and who I'm sure have seen them.
    And yes the story is that if the T is restored it will be to the last incarnation...

20. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Still has the Dam Monkey...He's 40 years old...

21. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Not to change topics, but is the 41 Ford the car Barry David had in the 80`s.

22. is he any kin to Howard Hughes?.....finally saw the Goose in the Cali hanger...

23. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Guess who repainted the Kookie Car that pearl white with the blue flames for Jim Street right after Norm sold it.

24. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

i'm not from Dayton but I do have it surrounded...
    I don't know about the Kookie car which is epic...
    but I heard Liberace was buried in the Golden Sahara. I can say for a fact that I have seen it because I pray nightly it never happens again.

25. RodP

RodP

Watson?
    RodP

26. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Everyone says, "A thread is worthless without pictures!" so here we go. I'll casually be searching through my stash to find the GS articles.;)

Attached Files:

• KT1.jpg
      KT1.jpg
      File size:
      475.5 KB
      Views:
    • KT2.jpg
      KT2.jpg
      File size:
      499.4 KB
      Views:
  27. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

ha ha ha, I kinda like this version of the Kookie T, except for those ridiculous seats!

28. VonWegener

VonWegener

Monkeys make everything better:)
    And there is a Golden Sahara II ?
    Not just an improved version of Barris' original but an actual second car?
    Man, that guy Street has got it made......

29. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

I think "II" is just the modified version.

30. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

I like the white with red version and the wheels....

interesting that although Jim is the owner in that article he is not mentioned, wonder if that pissed him of enough to say, hey I'll really change this thing.