Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Jim "Jake" Jacobs latest hot rod !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pete Eastwood, Sep 18, 2022.

1. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

It's people like Jake that make this hobby/sport what it is...........

Packrat, Spooky, micksmith and 3 others like this.
  2. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

I was wondering about the same thing,
    What a great looking A roadster.
    Worth another look!

Just don't mention the war! ;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. I_Am_Man

I_Am_Man

I have really enjoyed this thread. I think Jake's one of the best hot rod builders ever. And I have followed him in many magazines over the years. I think it was in '68 when I first read anything about Jake when he was introduced in Rod & Custom. He's great at writing, too. I hope to meet him one day, but only the Lord knows if that will ever happen.
    I received the privilege of getting to sit in both Jake's yellow '34 coupe in 2013 in Kansas City and Pete Chapouris' black '34. I'm certainly "envious" of you So. Cal folks to be able to just spin into Apple Valley and visit Jake.
    Here in Fairmount, Indiana we have the annual James Dean car fest in September. If any of you should ever come out our way, let me know ahead of time and we'll meet for coffee. My treat.
    Dave

chryslerfan55, Irish Mike and Tim like this.
  4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Hopefully he'll have it at the LARS show in a couple weeks?

Tim likes this.
  5. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

My only complaint, what is the color? I'm color blind at the blue end of the spectrum and I see it as a shade of gray. SWMBO, however, said it's a beautiful blue color. She might like a similar color for the Whatever project.

Having said that, I love the looks of it. I bet it's fun to drive.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. I think it’s Washington Blue…

Spooky and Tman like this.
  7. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Thanks. At least I have a picture and a name to check out paint with...

I prefer white or black personally. No questions about what the color is. All of the colors, or none of the colors. Easier for me...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. I_Am_Man

I_Am_Man

What show is LARS...???

9. 31Apickup

31Apickup

LA Roadster show

10. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

It's not Washington blue.
    According to Jake, it's the lighter blue used on the belt lines of the darker blue model A's.

Silva, Packrat, Stogy and 8 others like this.
  11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

It’s called dutchess blue it’s a model A color for the belt lines for 30-31 I believe

12. I_Am_Man

I_Am_Man

This thread has been fun...!!! Lots of memories have come to the top of my thoughts, most of which have had to do with the expert authorship of the Rod & Custom reading of the mid-60s and forward. Rod & Custom magazine after Hot Rod's attempt to go to just one monthly issue, Rod & Custom decided on a Quarterly in 1971. I don't know where one would find any now, except perhaps on eBay. After the folks decided to go with the Quarterly, they published 3 issues Winter 1971 being the last (I think). Then they quit again.
    After reading this thread several days back, I've gotten excited to do some back reading of Jake's writings. Winter 1971 containing a great article about the NieKamp, its construction, and then driving the roadster to a late night appointment with his road desire. In Jacob's own words, "Driving the NieKamp is an experience I relish quite frequently and mostly late at night." WOW!! - way-2-go, Jake...!!!

Many thanks to Pete Eastwood for starting this thread. Pete, have you taken anymore 3-window 32s apart...???
    Dave in Indiana

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and micksmith like this.
  13. p__moore

p__moore

14. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

<<<Jake set up the suspension on my coupe when it was built back in the early 80's. It's been spot on ever since and still rollin' along............

15. Fogger

Fogger

I briefly talked to Jake at the LARS. The A Model is not going to be his last build. He's not done building hotrods!!

Stogy, bowie, rusty valley and 2 others like this.
  16. p__moore and Stogy like this.