Register now to get rid of these ads!

jigs and I dont mean dancing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60srailjob, Nov 15, 2009.

1. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Which of you have built a jig for a tube frame. I'm wanting to build a frame late 60s early 70s style for a fuel altered. Around a 110" wheel base. I'm going to use 4130 CM. Can a platform be made out of multi sheets of plywood? Need some help.....Thanks......

2. dmc3113

dmc3113

Check out the photo album of my roadster frame going together. It was on a funny car jig at Horton Race Cars in Belton, SC.

3. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Thanks thats a cool jig.......... I'll PM you...

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been thinking of making a frame table/jig out of the frame from a "big" truck frame. Around the area where I live at least large trucks are pretty easy to find cheap and I think one could use enough of a straight frame and put legs on it so that it would sit at the right height. Weld cross beams where you need them to hold your frame and away you go.

My wife is going to kill me if I come dragging a two ton truck in the yard to cut up though.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Never thought of that but if the truck wasnt wrecked then it should be square? good ideal and yeah my wife will have a fit if I have a 2ton truck tore apart in the front yard....

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    from Michigan

Hey '48...now that's a darned-good idea!!! I've been thinkin' about this issue, and doing some searching, 'cause I wannna start fabbing a chassis for my '29 roadster from the original '32 frame I have. Excellent idea. Just might use do that. Thanks! - Rick