Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jet brand advice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WDO40, Dec 28, 2009.

1. WDO40

WDO40

Jet brand english wheel & planishing hammer any feed back on good or bad

2. Squablow

Squablow

The shop I used to work at had a Jet drill press, it was very good, but as for your planishing hammer and english wheel, what kind of prices are you talking about, and are they new or used? That info would help so we can compare to some other options.

3. WDO40

WDO40

I think both product are pretty new to the Jet company english wheel is about $1500 planishing hammer is about $850

4. Vincent Coupe

Vincent Coupe

Its been a while since this was posted, but i was looking into the Jet Planishing Hammer. Anyone have an opinion?

5. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Haven't had their English wheel but we do have a Jet horizontal bandsaw. Had it for about 6 or so years and it owes us nothing, it has been absolutely fantastic. Everytime we cut something we comment how we could not do half the stuff we do without it.

I have also called Jet for info at times and bought things like replacement guide rollers. They have always been first rate on the phone and very helpful.

Don

7. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

The Jet English wheel is designed the same as the harbor freight one. So you may as well get a harbor freight wheel and save yourself alot of money.

I buy everything else from baileigh .elec bead roller .stretcher/ shrinkers magnetic folder

8. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

I have heard this as well. I have the harbor freight english wheel. Do you think this Baileigh wheel would be worth the upgrade?

http://metal.baileighindustrial.com/english-wheel-ew-28

I have had pretty decent results from the HF unit. The frame could sure stand to be stiffer and I get some markings sometimes. It could be be from lack of skills but I think it is because the top and bottom anvils are slightly off.

Sorry, I apologize for the hijack.

Ed

9. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

only upgrade worth while is if you find a cast frame,eliminates flex.

10. gemcityrenegade

gemcityrenegade

Yeah, looks like painted HF units. I got a HF wheel and some steel to weld up on it. Could use some tweaking but for learning on it's awesome and cheap. If I ever decide to upgrade I'll probably build my own frame and have the wheels machined.. Prices on this stuff is insane.