Register now to get rid of these ads!

JET box pan brake...any reviews?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CRH, Nov 22, 2010.

1. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

I am narrowing in on a JET 16 gauge 48" box pan brake. The price is in line with what I'm looking for, but I have searched far and wide for reviews. I am worried about it being too wimpy, sloppy, etc. I know everyone has their set-in-stone opinions; I just want to know if anyone has used one of these JET brakes, or if they have heard any feedback. Thanks for any help!

2. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

I think they are relatively new products from JET... anyone know anything?

3. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I use to work as a metal fabricator at a production sign company. We had a 48" JET Box/Pan brake. It was already about 5 years old when I started there, and it was well abused everyday. Most of the bends were in sheet aluminum, but it got some steel through it every now and then. I'd say if it could hold up to 10 different guys treating it like they don't own it everyday, then it will last you a lifetime. Not a bad brake, but there are alot of manufacturers out there so get some more reviews before you buy. Baileigh Industrial is a HAMBer and has serious metal fab equipment. If I could ever do it, my entire shop would have Baileigh equipment.

4. ryno

ryno

i use a 10ft jet std brake, no problems at all. it will bend 16g no sweat at all 10ft. mostly bend aluminum .040 or .060 though it all day, doing dirt car bodies.

5. Lukydevl

Lukydevl
    from Arizona

I have one thats about 5 yrs old.. It will do small pans and such in 16ga, but good luck trying to bend it @ full width..I have to perferate the cut line with a plasma and then weld the cuts.. I used to work in a sheetmetal shop years ago with very nice brakes and I think its a little wimpy, but its perfect for home use and lighter gauge material.. My 2 cents

6. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

A Baileigh shop......:rolleyes:

Hmmmmmm.......

7. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

Baileigh: Will your 48" 16 gauge model bend a full piece of 16 gauge, and do so evenly?

8. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

I am just trying to decide between the JET and Baileigh.

9. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Yes sir. We have 2 models to choose from, and both will give you a nice crisp 16 gauge x 4' bend.

Do you want a 1.5" box depth or a 4" box depth?

10. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

What has Jet done for you lately? If I didn't have my shop done years ago, I'd be buying from Baileigh...

11. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

12. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

WOW!!!!!!
    That looks fantastic, I thought of a half a dozen prodjects just watching the video.

You guys rock!

13. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

Does the Baileigh stuff come from Baileigh, China?????? Right next to where the Jet ones are made im sure.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That one will give guys all kinds of ideas of what they could do with it Shane.

15. brady1929

brady1929

wow that is badass!

16. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Yepper ,just waiting to win the lottery!