Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jessi Coombs awarded LSR

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5window, Jun 24, 2020.

1. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

You are right, I have not made any 500mph runs,, my best has only been 160,, in a proper land speed vehicle.

It is just wrong to heroize anyone, man or woman that goes out and does something they know very little about and when they make the mistake that everyone saw coming. If Jessie was so good at controlling 500mph, why the crash? Craig Breedlove crashed at 600 and survived,,, look at the Flashpoint photos, as examples of survivalibility.
    A loss of anyone to land speed is sad, but this was a clusterf##k from the word go.

Robert J. Palmer and Tman like this.
  2. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Easy to sit in judgement when you have no skin in the game...

3. All of us that race LSR have "skin in the game". Why? Because we race on public lands. And the powers that be could shut us off at ANY TIME! Any death is a horrible thing and has the chance of shutting down these lands our tax dollars support. THAT is why the SCTA has such stringent safety. Safety that goes ABOVE AND BEYOND ANY sanctioning body on the planet. And I am proud to be a part of it.

4. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wasn't directed at you Tman...

5. I know, but this one hits home more than others since I knew her.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    warhorseracing and GordonC like this.
  6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Very sad that she is gone. Wish they had built a safe car, rather than taking the wings off a jet fighter. Bob

5window, lothiandon1940 and Tman like this.