Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Jerry Johnson (jjrodder) MSRA #1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2MNYTYS, Jul 28, 2015.

1. 2MNYTYS

2MNYTYS
    from MN

For those of you that have not heard Jerry Johnson passed away yesterday at his home in Arkansas. He was the founder of the Minnesota Street Rod Association (MSRA) and a retired NSRA employee at Street Scene Magazine. Jerry was one of the true pioneers of the Street Rodding world.

RIP Jerry.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow - sincere sympathy goes out to his Family & friends

3. I met Jerry when he was working for street scene years ago,my condolences to his Family and many friends. HRP

4. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

RIP. Condolences to the family.

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Jerry and I exchanged newsletters when he was editor of the MSRA "Linechaser" and I was editor of the "Un-News"...we had some great conversations about cars (and people) together. Saddened to hear he's gone...RIP Jerry...!!!

R-

6. buford_59

buford_59

I first met Jerry in 1973. We often collaborated on a few projects between Manitoba SRA and Minn.SRA.
    There are so many happy memories and always looked forward to seeing him at The Back To The Fifties whenever he was there after he moved to California. The state should honour him in some way for all the work he (and the MSRA) have done on behalf of StreetHot Rodding and charities and scholarships and Tourism/Economy. He was such a pleasant guy to be around and we will miss him.
    Doug & Debby Bedford

7. Jerry was a good friend, and a all around nice person, and a true hot rodder. He was a very active member of the Spring River car club, which is based in his home town. Also made the yearly trip back to Minnesota for Back to the 50s. There will be a memorial service in Arkansas. and will be sent back to Minnesota as a final resting place.
    Jerry will be missed.
    Bobby

8. Very sad. He did a lot for the organization, he was always interested and supportive of what my brother Steve was up doing. He will be missed.

9. Thoughts and prayers......

10. i was very surprised to hear this yesterday , saw him at BBTT50s and said hi t0 him

11. I heard him talk about when the first BTT50's event happened in '73 and when "American Grafitti" let out in the movie theater on University, he organized all the show cars to meet at the theater and blow away all the people that came out of the theater. Kinda like throwing everyone into a time warp. There should be a plaque on the fairgrounds in honor of him for all he's done. BTT50's is only second to the fair around these parts with hundreds of thousands in attendance each year.