Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jefferson Wi swap meet next weekend ,who's all going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carguy365-24-7, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Snarl

Snarl

Unless you have a 4x4, parking without getting stuck might become the real issue...

2. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Oh yea it was like walking around a muddy beach in some places. Did find some good deals, left them for you all on saturday. But we will be back up again for more adventure. ha ha

Saw the Cheaters beating up lil kids and stealing Big Bars. Naw just kidding. We were all at the Hot Rod Company buying goodies and taking cover from the rain.

3. Tin Can

Tin Can

Went there today, muddy and rained all day. wished I would have bought a couple of things that I didnt so I may go back this weekend

4. ...sounds like a "typical" Jefferson swap...kinda glad I didn't go...went to a local auction here yesterday and got a pre-war vintage bicycle for $1.00 ...and it wasn't too muddy either.
    ... Not nice here this Sat. AM, 30 degrees and real windy, but least it's not rainin...or snowin!

...what did you guys pick up at the swap?

5. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

O.K guys you can call me a leaker....When I woke up at 4 A.M. all I could hear was this wild wind rattling my windows.My first thought was ,is there anything I need bad enough to drive two hours , walk around in mud and freeze my butt off for????? I told my better half were not going ,rolled over and went back to sleep...
    The highlight of the day would have been hanging around with my fellow H.A.M.B.ers but it'll have to be next time....PAUL

6. Squablow

Squablow

Great minds think alike. Windy and cold all day, I decided to stay home. I've heard that there are tons of cars for sale and virtually nothing selling. Somehow I'm not surprised.

7. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Ha ha ha Somethings were selling on saturday. Dad drove home a late model. I got a dash for something. lol Plus got to hang out with the KOOL guys at the HAMB M&G. Walked around with the Vagabonds too. Wondered where you were Paul.

8. jonnycola

jonnycola

I got all the deals

Nailhead 3x2, toploader to early nailhead adaptor, old ford brakes.... Pair of Model A quarters for 20 bucks...

Radical!

9. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

herpes in the portable bathroom....just the cost of your pride..... but the hairy gentleman that left was more than happy with the price...

10. jonnycola

jonnycola

He was a NAMBLA member, so I got a discount!

Are you cumming to the swap tomorow?

11. Squablow

Squablow

Shit, if I knew you were looking for herpes I could have set you up with a whole bucket full way cheaper than they want at the swaps.

All you hadda do was ask.

12. phat rat

phat rat

Glad I left last night. I hadn't figured on leaving until tomorrow, but with the swamp it was I felt it was the right thing. I've been there before when it was bad but not like this. The biggest problem as I saw it was that the swap organizers were basically doing nothing to help the situation. The last time I saw conditions similar to this they had a bunch of tractors w/pumps and tanks handling things. All was not lost as I'm on a parts hunting trip and already have 25 T touring frt half, complete 52 Ford COE body and a virtually rust free 48-52 Ford Cab complete right down to the ignition key, plus the hood and running boards. No fenders with this as it was an F-6

13. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

I was going to go, but with all the horror stories I wont be in attendance, besides all my cheater breathern have already combed the grounds and left no mans anus un felt. Sorry Johnny I wont be there, I will be in chicagoland instead on a top secret mission.... I miss our times togather on our trips to pick up rare cool TV's and talks to queers.

see ya homie
    Chris

14. jonnycola

jonnycola

Best of luck on your mission... I bet you're finding two survivor 32 fords with caddies in them for like... 2 grand. Ah well...Only thing to see at jefferson is the old survivor custom van. Bright orange 74 dodge... shagged out, just like my old girlfriend!

I'm going to sun prarie, because this 85 year old man wants to give me his collection of old german console radios, for a couple hundred bucks! Same one I got that one cool one from that I had in my caddy.

Anyone see that 40 merc convert in the east field directly next to the entrance booth for 8000? Someone needs to go save that car....

15. zbuickman

zbuickman

I think any of us that went there should have our heads examined..... Ive been going there for the last 20 years (at least) and this was by far the worst year.... But one of the better years for deals. Did any body pick up that 36 Dodge Buissines coupe on the south end of the car corral?? how about the 53 Chevy slant back(80's custom)?? how about the Model a blindback that was in unbeileveable shape!!!!!!!!!! I rode there in a 69 Torrino Cobra R-code and he sold it within an 1/2 hour. so he bought a longroof to drag/street. his wife was :mad:....:D:D I did well to with a turbo and spoiler for my O/T Buick Im glad I was one of the few wearing shit kickers. there were alot of cold wet people:eek:

16. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That guy is from Merrill wi. He has a bunch of other stuff too. A friend of mine told me about it last week......Mike

17. ...anybody take any pics of the muddy mess?...I wanna see what I missed.
    ...did you guys still get a big bar?

18. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

We went yesterday. I was smart enough to wear a pair of boots and a warm coat. There were small lakes taking up 3 roads wide and probably 50' long almost 4" deep in the green field and slimmy mud most other places. There was even water standing in the field behind the grandstands!. It was wet, cold, and the wind was brutal. By afternoon the sun was out and I think the ground that didn't have water satanding was drying out pretty well, but they were calling for rain/snow for today. It really was the worst I've ever seen it up there, but got some decent deals on non-hamb related stuff I was looking for. Sure made me happy I didn't pay for a swamp er, swap space.

But I will probably return next year again. Gene

19. Jaker

Jaker

it made my pants a little shorter

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

thanks to everyone who stopped by - I was in Building 2 - but the Cheaters stayed away - guess they have already abused me too much and took mercy on me...........

I talked to 5 vendors about the mud/ swamp - 3 of them had got stuck - 1 of them took an hour to get anyone to help them out.........

that is why I PAID to park on concrete - I knew I would wind up getting stuck - it was worth the $10 to be able to go to my vehicle and drive away with no problems on Sat after the show was over.

Not sure I will be there in the Fall - thinking that is the same weekend as Gas City in IN

I have never done that show..........

I will post a new thread asking if there are guys with traditional cars going to that show

LATER

21. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Hey coolstuff sorry I did not make it back to your spot after the Hamb meet and greet. Wanted to get one of YOUR magazines too. Oh well I will just wait till I see ya at the Rust Revival in a few weeks.

22. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I was there from 8:00AM to 6:00PM on Friday and 6:00AM to 7:00PM Sat. and 6:00AM to 3:00PM on Sun. Froze my butt on Saturday due to wet feet. Sold two of three cars and sold two at the carlot South of town. Thanks to all who stopped by. You can always count of the weather to make life interesting. See you at Elkhorn and Jefferson-fall. Anybody going to Grayslake this weekend?

23. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

yes - we will be at the Rust Revival - but ONLY til about noon - so PLEASE be sure to stop by early
    THANKS!