Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jeff Neppl's 50 Mercury

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46fatford, Jan 11, 2009.

1. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

Looking great, Jeff!

2. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

That is one spectacular Mercury! There is just something about it that makes it stand out from others.
    It isn't just the color either.

3. [​IMG]
    Just playin around. Thanks for the compliments guys.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  4. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

where is the snow!!??
    Jeff your living the good life...that car and the stance is just perfect!
    -palle

5. Terry O

Terry O

Got to burn the midnight oil with Jeff getting our cars ready for the GNRS this year. When you have a few hours to really look this over, you really see what a sweet ride he's got here. Look forward to cruising with you buddy.

Terry

6. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Iv'e always been a big fan of Jeff's Merc but after finally seeing it in person this year at the GNRS I can honestly say that it ranks right up at the top with the other historic Mercs in that building. Truly inspiring.

7. Jeff do you have any other build pics of your Merc other than the ones Rikster posted? I would love to see more of this great car being built.

8. Thanks for the compliment but I dont have digital pics,they are all just regular printed pictures.I need to scan some to be able to post.

9. You DO NEED to scan them so you can post!!:D

10. [​IMG]
    Ok fellas..... I used a cell phone camera and it was pretty cloudy today so there isnt much sunshine but here is the new mill.My 331 I have been dreaming about.I stripped all the old paint and the old grime and dirt.Then I did all the prep work under the hood from start to finish but Keith sprayed the paint for me. Southend Kustom also dropped the engine in and made the headers... from there it went to Circle City Hot Rods ! A special thanks to Jimmy White ,the man makes shit happen and his skills,talent and workmanship are second to NONE !! The whole C.C.H.R. crew did a great job.There is alot of work they did that you cant see on these pics. Its not a 100% finished yet,there still are some little things I have to do.... you know a couple small details(some bolts,hose clamps etc.) but these pics will give an idea of what im about.Matt from C.C.H.R. will take some real pics pretty soon when I get the little details finished and then I will post those.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  11. Sweet. My engine looks exactly the same except it's a SBC and has a Edelbrock dress-up package like modern billet hot rods.

12. effie_man

effie_man

wow is the only thing that comes to mind. Makes me wanna get down and dirty on my 50 monarch sports sedan

13. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Man I love your Merc. Like most have already said, it's all the little details that make it so great. You just don't see many Kustoms nowadays that are truly period correct(no bags, radials, SBC, MII, etc). It's living proof to all the nay-sayers that you can build a car as period as possible and still enjoy driving it(probably more then they enjoy their SBC's and radial tires). The Caddy is so pretty, you may have to break the "rules" and start showing it with the hood at least cracked open a little.

14. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

What a lovely car, wow. Must be a good feeling to be driving it again!

15. [​IMG]
    Sorry guys for all the different post but I only know how to do one pic at a time.The chrome looks a little dull in the pic but it isnt,its just the picture.Verne's did a killer job on my chrome,they did the hood hinges also.There are still some bolts that are not chromed yet.....dont worry they will be shortly,like I said still some small details left.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  16. Droplord49 thank you for those words,very great compliments you said to me. :D Ya I might have to break those rules a little bit and maybe pop the hood every once in a while.

17. Looks great Jeff love the caddy and the chrome.

You can post multiple pictures by hitting enter after you post your first picture and then adding the next one and so on.

18. Woody94

Woody94
    from Holly, MI

Jeff, Your car is Stunning! Thanks for sharing the pics.

19. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

damn could you find a cleaner engine bay than that.outstanding!

20. axle

axle
    from Drag City

We like your Merc

Attached Files:

21. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Jeff , congrats on getting your Merc back on the road . Jimmy and his guys did a nice job on your conversion.

22. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

Aha! Is that your car poking out behind the '33 on the cover of the April R&C? And in the center spread? I kept lookin' in there for more of that! The new engine is awesome. Did I read somewhere that the flattened paint is temporary?

23. hey I am station in Afghanistan and unable to get good magazines here. Can I buy any of y'all olds ones to read so I can get some ideas and just to look at some badd ass sleds?

24. Yes thats the car in the background of the R&C issue.It doesn't look to good in those pics though.:( About the paint...... you read right.

25. Wow.... thank you ,that was a serious compliment.It was very cool to walk in the shop during the time leading up to the GNRS and work on my car next to your piece of history you own,I really appreciate history like that and those times will never be matched.

26. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Looking good Jeff! Ain't nothin lackin when your Cadillacin!

27. Nice results Jeff. Definitely one of my favorite Mercs. I look forward to seeing it shiny. Keep up the great work.

28. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

Beautiful but now I want to hear that Caddy....