Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jay Stream Collection - San Luis Obispo, CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StillOutThere, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Jay Stream was an Arabian horse breeder in San Luis Obispo, CA, who had a car collection which numbered about ten cars at the time of his passing in 2006. Mr. Stream had been Wayne Newton's (of recording and Las Vegas) personal business manager.

Chrysler Imperials and Ford collectibles 50's and newer were his interests.

I'm looking for information from anyone that might have worked on any of his cars either in a professional restoration shop or doing maintenance in the central California area most likely.

My interest is that I bought one of the Imperials and a friend bought another and all the records from Jay's estate went missing and his ranch/collection manager died of cancer.

Any help would be appreciated. I know there is a large grapevine amongst HAMB members. Thanks. PM me if you have specific info or just add a post if you knew about the collection in general or if the cars were ever shown on the central coast.

Attached Files:

2. 61TBird

61TBird

I can't provide any information in regards to the Cars/Collection....
    However,POST MORE PICS of the Black Imperial!!!:eek:

3. '60 Imperial limousine pics per request.

Attached Files:

4. Two more cars from the collection: '28 Chrysler roadster and a '67 Imperial convertible which had the "Mobile Director" option.

Attached Files:

5. Other cars in the Stream collection included a white '66 Continental 4dr convertible, a white '59 Ford retractable, '79 Ranchero, a K-Car Town and Country convertible, and a black '54 Imperial sedan.

6. StillOutThere & johnl - Very cool finds!

You might try contacting (long-time SLO resident & Hot Rodder) Sherm Porter ... Sherm is fuely32 on the HAMB ... I'd bet he's familiar with Mr. Stream's collection and/or the shops that may have worked on his cars.

7. Thanks Hemi32. Will do.........

8. fuely32

fuely32

Hi...I was a good friend of Jay's & Dorothy, and lunched with Ralph (Hohenstein, who came west with Jay from Illinois, and was his business manager) a couple of times a month, until his recent passing. Since my Chevron station was the first one going into SLO from Greengate, I saw them, as well as Fred (ranch manager at the time) often. While our interests in cars were a bit different, we both appreciate (d) them, and Jay was a big fan of the Chryslers...can't give much info as to the servicing, etc., of the cars in the collection, as they were never really driven much, so they would periodically start them at the farm, and such.
    You can reach me directly at [email protected] in case there might be something else....good luck in your quest (there is, I believe, a daughter still living in the area....)

9. Mike Hend

Mike Hend