Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jay Leno

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Nov 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hope he has quick and full recovery.

Bob

lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope for a speedy recovery. You can't take even minor burns lightly and have to have them taken care of properly.

3. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Lets all remember that there are first, second, and third degrees burns. Hopefully he has the milder of the three.....

4. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

My TV said serious

5. Budget36

Budget36

Obviously I’m hoping for a quick a full recovery
    My ex and I saw him in the mid 90s at the Nugget, think was the Nugget-outside of Reno, at some point in his act he introduced Craig Breedlove and the Crew. I guess they stopped off on the way to the salt flats. I honestly never knew what a car guy he was until watching “Tool Time”.

6. catdad49

catdad49

Glad to hear that it's not Too serious, I'm sure he will make a new monologue about it! Still one of the Best at Many things.

7. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

Get Well Jay!
    Anyone working on cars, has been thru something like this?
    Hopefully, not serious for Jay!
    Had a friend, a few years back, that lost his whole garage from fire,
    while servicing his hotrod.

8. Mike Lawless

Mike Lawless

Jay, I wish you a speedy recovery!
    Back in the early 2000s, we were heading east on the 210 towing our drag racer to Irwindale, on an open trailer. This big ass polished aluminum body hot rod, Leno's "Tank Car", pulls up alongside, and it was Jay Leno at the wheel. He gives us a thumbs up, and then blasts off down the freeway!

9. Squablow

Squablow

Jay sponsored my Great Race high school team in 1998, he bought us a set of tires and we raced cross-country on them, which was really cool.

I know Jay said in one of his Garage videos that "A good steam guy doesn't have any eyebrows" while referring to the flame dangers, he seems like he'd take something like this in stride, I hope it's true what's been reported that it's not too serious and that he makes a quick recovery.

I'll be looking forward to his newest video like never before.

lothiandon1940 and rusty valley like this.
  10. Though it still remains unclear what exactly occurred, Leno's employee, George Swift, told Access Hollywood that Leno was sprayed by gas that caught fire while working on a steam car.

11. Get well soon Jay, speedy recovery !

12. TMZ is reporting third degree burns and possible skin grafts. That's not great news :(

13. williebill

williebill

Sorry to read this. Always liked him, and his passion for cars.
    He was always better than dickhead Letterman:cool:

downlojoe33 likes this.
  14. Fordors

Fordors

Opinions differ, I personally was never a Leno fan but to be happy that anyone get hit by a truck is just twisted.
    Here’s hoping Jay has a full recovery and suffers no psychological effects.

borntoloze and Carter like this.
  15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I sat next to Dave Letterman at an Indy 500 when I was like ten... He was super cool to both me and my dad. Do you know Dave at all? Often times, celebrities are given bad raps by people that don't know them at all... and that always sort of irks me.

Also, I talked to a buddy that works with Jay. He's might be a bit uglier, but he's gonna be okay. Car guy shit. Jay will wear it like a badge of honor I'm sure.

16. Ain't that the truth, more than 15 years ago I met Barry McGuire and he was one of the nicest people I have ever met, he talked to m like we were old friends and talked cars and and he was interested on my take of the car hobby for more than a hour while waiting on his flight out of Greenville-Spartanburg airport. HRP

17. Okay... guys... GUYS!!! We all have to STOP with all of this speculation and we ESPECIALLY have to stop taking the word of tabloid shows like TMZ. Of course they're going to doom and gloom the situation because that gets more ratings than just saying "he's got minor injuries and and is expected to fully recover".:mad:

Unless Jay himself says "I have third degree burns and I need skin grafts" none of the reports can be held with ANY merit whatsoever. Period

As a nurse/medic, having treated 3rd degree burns (meaning burnt to the bone passed the entire integumentary system including the epithelial layer and the nerves) I highly doubt he would be in any position to make any public statements or comments on social media as he has, especially given the location of said injuries.

His injuries are none of our business. He's alive and we ALL need to grant him the dignity of recovering in peace, without assigning him to the grave or adding in our take on his state of health.

Sorry guys, but this kinda stuff really bugs me.

18. NoSurf

NoSurf

Speedy recovery to Mr. Leno.

Deuces likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.