Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jax2A Intro

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jax2A, May 9, 2009.

1. Jax2A

Jax2A

Hi all. New guy here just north of Columbus, Ohio. Been into cars as long as I can remember. Was brought home from the hospital in a brand new 66 Mustang with pony interior. Grew up working in the garage with my Dad on Pontiacs and Vettes but I appreciate most cars. Loved hot rods over muscle cars as a teen but never owned one. My first car was a 4 door 65 Falcon that I got at 14, put in new floors, crappy body work and finally painted two weeks before I turned 16. Rolled shortly before I turned 17. Next car was a pristine 61 Falcon two door, that I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of to by my first new car, an 84 Nissan pickup, yea I know. Anyway, after college I got into old Jeeps, later British cars and bikes. Now I've decided I want to go back and build a real hot rod so I'm selling off all my projects except my 59 AJS Model 31 bike and so I can start over. Don't know what I'll end up building, would like a Duece of course but with 3 kids to put through college it's not in the budget. So I'll be looking for something to do well but on a budget, hopefully a coupe of some type, maybe a truck but definitely pre 1950. I've got a line on a Model A frame that I may start with and just see where I go from there. Look forward to hanging out on the board but with the amount of posts I've seen so far I can't see how anyone keeps up with the traffic here. Later...
    Jack

2. Jax2A

Jax2A

Didn't see a place for project blogs so I'm just gonna blog my long term project in my intro thread. The line on the Model A frame turned out to be a fairly solid frame for $40 so I picked it up. Spent some time today with it and a tape measure comparing it to the dimension on the Wescott Model A frame drawing. Turns out to be dead on the money and square as can be except for the left frame horn. It's tweaked slightly out, but overall I'm happy with it. Once the measurements were taken I ground off the rivet heads getting the frame ready to take apart for de-rusting and repair. That's all for now.

Oh yea, I made me an avatar today too.
    Jack

3. chevy3755

chevy3755

welcome from Mt Vernon...........

4. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome to the Hamb.

Just post your build thread in the main discussion area:D

5. Jax2A

Jax2A

A “reintroduction”;
    Well, I was lost for a while but I’m back… 11 years, a divorce, depression, 3 moves, a new marriage, a 450 mile relocation and a new house later but I’m back. During all that time my hot rod sat untouched. Mostly because my ex literally stole almost everything I had accumulated for the project. I managed to keep the body and frame as that was being stored at my dad’s barn and at some of the lower points I nearly sold that as well.

But now I’m in Charlotte NC with a three car garage and started thinking about hot rods again. Then I stumbled on to a deal on a flathead, trans and axle and the dream was reawakened. So I purchased a Harbor Freight Trailer so I could get my project from my Dad’s barn in Ohio and began collecting parts again.

To be honest, I was hesitant to return to the H.A.M.B. again as I’m embarrassed about the complete lack of progress but the need of the expertise was too great… so here I am.

If you have any interest I’ll be posting project videos on YouTube channel AJStarch.
    The first video documents my trip to get the flathead and other parts;