Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Jason Pall- Bear Metal Customs

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Genes12320, Aug 24, 2021.

1. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So true.

I worked for one who started off clean, but went to Ponzi scheme.

I recently helped rescue a truck from another.

It was in paint jail. Now it is at the owner's space, and I am finishing it for him there, so he HAS it.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    Squablow and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. 5window

5window

3. mickeyc

mickeyc

There is a fellow here abouts that is a retired body and paint guy. A very good metal guy as well. He now does
    body work for fellows at their place. Charges by the hour and tells you what supplies required. He does hot rods
    and such not collision repairs. As you may surmise he is very much in demand. I have attempted to enlist
    his services to no avail. I even had problems getting his number. Finally a friend who knows him gave it to me.
    Not able to get a response from a call or text in any fashion. I have a well lit shop with a compressor. Also a bathroom, fridge and even a recliner in the shop for breaks and contemplation. It would be as comfortable as
    possible for a fellow to ply his trade. I know one job he did in a drive way and would drive home to use the facilities because he did not feel comfortable going in someones home. I am willing to pay cash as required.
    Just cant find a body shop I can rely on to do the work in an expedient and competent manor.

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have wondered, based on experience, and the tales told by others of trouble getting cars painted, if long-term exposure to the related chemicals damages the brains of those who paint and own body shops.

5. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

You may have a valid point but consider this; in the sixties guys were painting in shorts, t shirts, and maybe a surgical mask. Now they have space suits, goggles, respirators and all sorts of safety equipment so that may void the argument.
    Maybe the new painters are not good businessmen. Maybe worth the thought.

chryslerfan55 and clem like this.
  6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How many are dead now?

None of the local shops that I see in my area seem to know that OSHA is not a small town in Wisconsin.

Carter likes this.
  7. dan31

dan31

There may be something to it, I know a lot more old mechanics than old paint & body men.

8. Danny_MorroBay

Danny_MorroBay

I also paid Jason Pall and AutoBody builders last June for repairs to my car, only to be told there was a delay in parts for months. Last spoke to him in January, and since then he hasn’t responded to any calls or messages. Judging from this thread he’s taken money from others and hasn’t deliver what’s promised.
    Does anyone know the name of the circuit he likes to race his old cars on, or another way to track home down? Is anyone else on here taking legal action or are there other ways to get my money back from him?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. Danny_MorroBay

Danny_MorroBay

He also took 2K of my money for repairs, and strung me along saying the parts were delayed. Now he’s gone dark. Have you begun the legal process yet? Any chance you’ve had contact with him since your last post?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. alchemy

alchemy

You guys should look up a couple posts. They have filed for bankruptcy. Time to get your lawyer involved.

HellsHotRods likes this.
  11. Nobey

Nobey

I feel sorry for all you guys that have been caught up in these situations. If a shop takes parts off
    your vehicle and sells them, now that's a Federal Offense.
    My Dad told a guy in a body shop that wanted money up front. Pay in advance? The only place I
    had to pay in advance was the whore house, and I got screwed there!!!

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One important thing to check:

Find out when he filed for bankruptcy. Compare that to the date that you paid him money.

If he took your money after the bankruptcy proceedings were underway, this moves from the civil court, to the criminal one. That would be fraud.

HellsHotRods, BJR, Carter and 5 others like this.
  13. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now, I am just a businessman, not a lawyer, so you might want to consult one.

What I do know is that he's been telling people that he has declared bankruptcy and that it frees him from paying his debts, but he has been saying this for some time, and seems to have been still taking money after that.

Look into it.

Outback, BJR, hrm2k and 2 others like this.
  14. Bo Golson

Bo Golson

Update on Jason Shane Pall. Order of Discharge Chapter 7 United States Bankruptcy Court "Central District of California" Case number 9:22-bk-10065-MB Discharge Date 5/12/22 by the court: Martin R. Barash United States Bankruptcy Judge. Who knows how many people Jason screwed over. I lost $4500.00 but was able to get my truck back just in time. Bo Golson, Redlands, Ca

15. Zombilly!

Zombilly!

He burned me too about that same time, maybe the year before and now it shows that his business is permanently closed.

16. Will350z

Will350z

It’s too bad to see Bear Metal come to an end like this, sorry to see the impact it’s had on those who got pulled into its demise…

That said, when things were well for the Shop and the Hobby (2010-12), Jason and I built an amazing 31 Roadster - I only know him as a solid person & builder and I hope he’s able to reconcile with those who got burned.

17. Illustrious Hector

Illustrious Hector

Not being familiar with litigation in the U.S. but I would think hiring a lawyer would only cost the plaintiff more money even if the court rules in your favour, no guarantee you will get your money. Those 'other ways' often prove more effective, somehow they seem to find the money

18. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Jason and Rochelle show up to RPM and TROG and race their banger and act like they are the top dogs at the event, and have authority over others.... ....can't believe they would even SHOW their faces to these crowds . Most people in the hot rod circles are honest and upfront, it's a small world. I drove by their shop in 2018, it was a disaster, I would never recommend a place like that.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  19. X-cpe

X-cpe

Most of these guys are talented craftsmen who hear people saying, "You should open your own shop." They look at what they perceive the owner is making and think, me too. The problem is they don't know what they don't know about running the business side of it. After a while there's a hand on the flush handle. Then it becomes a matter of personal honor, morality and courage.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    31modelo, Tman and Kreepea_1 like this.
  20. Here's a mind bender.......... Preface= a while ago...... In the classifieds=30/31 roadster deluxe windshield and stanchions. I inquire....... Deal is struck.
    Do you take CC's? (BMC)=Yes.
    Parts arrive about a week later. All is good.
    About a month later, while home at lunch, my phone beeps, and I ignore it until i'm off work.......
    MSG- "This is SGT XXXXX with the LA county sheriffs dept", please call me back at this number........
    I return the call.....and it goes like this=
    Mr. B, have you had any fraudulent charges on your CC?
    Me=No
    SGT= We have pulled over a car in LA county that had a list of screen names (HAMB), e-mail addy's, and CC numbers, and in alphabetical order, your's was at the top.
    Me=WTH?.......
    So- With all that, my CC company sends me my statement, and shows the addy that charged my account......
    I look it up and get the exact location............
    I call SGT XXXXX back, and give him the info.
    Me= SGT, the addy is tomato and apple drive.
    He ask's "how do you know this"?
    Me= Because I won't get taken!
    He says tammato, but in the same breath, say's his station is a mile a way, and the raid is on for tomorrow am, and i'll call you back.........
    Low and behold, I get a court summons to appear in LA=450 mi's away in 3 days......... =NO chance.
    BUT/BUT/BUT- THE only entity I ever gave my CC # to was BMC!
    All records show such.
    Wasn't comprimized what so ever, and I even reached out the the other e-mails on the list= I was forwarded them.... ALL, had done business with BMC!
    I had to cancel my CC, and wait the ten days, but what a pain in the ass!

Hope he/they get what is coming...........

Rot in Hell you thieving bastards!

21. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Watch out for these crooks at your local event. They have already been banned from a club they were in.
    Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 7.07.27 PM.png

22. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

Wow crazy stuff, I recognize the girl in the Roadster from the RPM show

HellsHotRods likes this.
  23. 4BangerDean

4BangerDean

Prison would do them some good. It sounds like they were well aware that they could not provide what they promised.
    Unfortunately there are too many people that want to take advantage of honest people that just want to build a hot rod. Instagram and the like are full of scammers. I myself was taken for a thousand. In the past I have never had a problem buying from unknown people and was trusting.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    HellsHotRods likes this.
  24. Josh Snow

Josh Snow

We are 2 names down on the creditor list from you Bo. He had our 51 Buick for over 10 years and over $30k. lied and lied and then lied some more. I don't believe there is an honest bone in this man's body.

I was told by our local powder coat shop that he had been sued, filed bankruptcy and that he was cleaning out his shop. Booked it over to Morro Bay and found his shop empty, save my car, one other, and Rochelle in the office. She was smarmy and dismissive...and told me "I could take it now".

Car was delivered the next day to my driveway, completely rusted out, no brakes, no steering, parts missing. ( this car came relatively rust free from Las Vegas...and, we had already paid Jason to repair what little rust there was!) This is after numerous billed invoices for work including aforementioned items and more...and Jason was stupid enough to put all this in multiple texts, emails and more stating the work was done. He was also stupid enough to double bill for work performed, and to pad hours. We caught him in these lies and this fraud and held him to it.

We are in the process of legal proceedings under a "Fraud Construct" since he signed a contract with my attorney ( my kid brother!) before bankruptcy. He admitted fraud and agreed to a settlement amount if the car was not delivered " completed to a show standard". He failed to serve us during bankruptcy and also failed to tell the judge about the contract. His attorney is (understandably) upset because it means the bankruptcy will be re-opened. If the bankruptcy is indeed re-opened there may be an opportunity to get what is owed.

and...the judge did not make him sell any assets..although he hid them all in his in-laws name under the pretense of being sold.
    Hopefully there will be some justice, either legal or the street kind. Either way, he shouldn't be allowed at RPM or any other event...
    Cheers!
    Josh Snow