Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Japanese Shop Talk

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Very cool. @HEMI32 thanks for the extra pictures

HEMI32 likes this.
  2. catdad49

catdad49

Tis a beauty, cars(hot rods) seem to be a universal language!! Thanks for the video and the stills.

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'll go ahead and say it... It's perfect.

4. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Man when you see a car like this it really make s you take pride in being American. Excuse my ignorance but what are the wheel covers on it?

5. the-rodster

the-rodster

I was wondering that too.

They look a bit different than the SPUN discs.

Rich

6. For me it would be "Perfect" if it had a 3rd Pedal:cool:

Ryan, kiwijeff and No Time like this.
  7. I meet plenty of people from all over the world at Carlisle, and Hershey in the fall. Regardless of where they come from, we all speak hot rod. Take the license plates off of that roadster and it could be from any country. And he is proud of it, as he should be.

Spoggie, 100% Matt and kiwijeff like this.
  8. I believe the original run of @Kevin Lee (Grimlock) spun discs looked like these.

9. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

[​IMG]
    I think this is why he mentioned 32 Fenton............ Jeff

10. wow, thats a dream to have a roadster that sick.... i love my 31 but a guy can dream

11. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

12. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Very nice car, but I agree with you.

13. haychrishay

haychrishay

Yep, it's Bitchin !

14. seatex

seatex

The hood blisters are spot on as is the trim up the winterfront and over the top of the hood......................Godzilla doesn't stand a chance against that thing!

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I agree...if the ass end was raised about 3 inches

kidcampbell71 and Moriarity like this.
  16. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Not surprising...the Japanese have been "getting it right" for decades.

17. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

I like how its so well proportioned that it makes the backgrounds look out of place, not the other way around....

To have this amount of taste, while living in Shinagawa is stunning - and to just cruise around to the front of 109 Shibuya as a photo opp on a sunny day just has me drooling. Natsukashi........

Even in Japanese, he has a 'not of this time' laid back speaking tone, like the world is just goin too fast........ya dig?

Before you're impressed by his eye for details - the correct Pines grille, etc - just remember, he developed that taste from rare imported American rod mags, all in English.......just from the pictures and captions!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  18. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

19. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Yes, very cool. Nice video too.

20. Ryan, you have it right "PERFECT"
    Still looking for "ONE" Electroline headlight like the ones on this roadster....I have one & need another to make a pair.

21. Great car, great taste! love the gloves and goggles holder

22. the-rodster

the-rodster

Are you sure it's an auto, I can't tell from the video?

I can't see the guy doing all the other vintage stuff and
    not going with a manual transmission?

23. no third pedal.jpg

24. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

Looks Choice.. Very nice!!

25. dem hoodsides. Gorgeous car.

26. That roadster is stunning. Got the opportunity to check it out in real life when I visited the "#23 Yokohama Mooneyes Hot Rod, Custom show" last year. Seems however that I drooled over it a little to much and only snapped two photos of it... They had a really neat showcase with some stunning vintage bikes and Hot Rods. Happily for me however I bought an old ex of the Japanese "Fly Wheels magazine" at the show and the roadster happened to be covered in one of the articles.

IMG_4314_small.jpg IMG_4315_small.jpg IMG_4313_small.jpg

27. Great video and excellent ride with high level of craftsmanship. Please keep on spreading the word about American Hot Rods - worldwide.

28. fortynut

fortynut

A couple of points for accuracy. 1. Ardun heads were the brain child of Zora Arkus Duntov, and were developed for trucks, not racing, as per the video. Hot Rodders picked up on their potential almost immediately. 2. Zora Duntov, after a reversal of fortune, not only worked for Allard but also became an employee of GM and is responsible for their focus on performance, and the early Corvettes were to benefit from his influence. So to those who are hung up the schism between flatlheads and smallblocks should take note of the fact that there is a connection; not to mention that the Chevrolet brothers once manufactured one of the best overhead conversions for the Early Ford Four, the Frontenac. Smokey Yunik said it best, "An engine doesn't know what name is on the valve covers." I guess he was an overhead kind of guy? AND YES, the little black roadster is bitchin'. Wonder how well Zatoichi would drive it?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    296ardun and jocktherock like this.
  29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I do like that roadster.... sometimes the feel gets lost when ALL the high dollar items get hung on a car but that Sin sure knows style and it all goes together nicely. Black on black on black on black. So cool.

30. Less talking.....more engine noise.....Well done video and one bad ass car!