Register now to get rid of these ads!

jamco suspension good or bad

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shitbox2, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Gus in Marietta

Gus in Marietta
    from Georgia

This is a good company, but they seem to be having problems lately. I have purchased from them 2 or 3 times in years past. Currently, I am waiting on an order of springs, shocks and sway bars for 2 cars and have been waiting for over 2 months. I can't get a straight answer about when the parts will arrive.

Gus in Marietta

2. 47convert

47convert
    from Arizona

I am having the same problem as some of the other people on this post. I ordered 2 sets of lowering blocks the first of December. 2 months have gone by with no parts. I wish I had looked on-line to see customer reviews, but they advertise in national magazines!! I reported Jamco to the BBB of California, there rating with them is "D". After a month, the BBB has not received a reply either. I WOULD NEVER DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE AGAIN!!

3. Paul B

Paul B

who else deals in lowering kits sixties fords

4. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

Sheetmetalguy, I can't look up your order if you don't give me your name. I sent you a PM asking for your info and all you did was throw ar rant and not give me any info to look you up. I am more than willing to work with you and get you your parts, but I need to know who you are.

5. thesheetmetalguy

thesheetmetalguy
    from Phoenix Az

I have called and emailed for weeks it took this to get you to respond that sucks
    I have sent you every thing you need to call me I am waiting still!

6. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

7. ImpalaBob60

ImpalaBob60
    from Havana, IL

Hey, my name is Bob Knake from Havana, IL....
    I'm waiting on a response... phone call, emails, pm and now a post....
    all I want is my shocks and bump stops. They were to be here before the springs... springs have been here a week....

Hello....
    throw me a bone... at least and idea when I can expect them.

8. greasy53

greasy53

3 inch drop springs and shocks in front, 3 inch lowering blocks in back on stock leaf springs...all Jamco...got my stuff on time....Jamco is good in my book...:cool:

Attached Files:

9. 5window

5window

It's a very short book.

10. FyUoCuK239

FyUoCuK239

Worst company Ive ever dealt with. Took months to get my stuff.

11. swekustom

swekustom
    from Sweden

Im soo f.... fed up with Jim Genty at Jamco Suspension. I mailed him on here and on the jamco mail ! Thelephone is like no response ! I HATE JAMCO SUSPENSION. IF HE DONT FIX MY PARTS NOW I WILL LET THE HOLE STORY ON MY BUY FROM THERE OUT ON HAMB ! IM so fuckin angry SHIT COMPANY

12. swekustom

swekustom
    from Sweden

Hey mr Hotwheelz. You know what this is all about. pic up your phone and work it out with socalshipping. Thomas at socal shipping 714-612-4269

13. now thats what i call leading the horse to water!:rolleyes:

14. swekustom

swekustom
    from Sweden

????????????????

15. HilbornNailhead

HilbornNailhead
    from Maine

Front 3" drop kit for a '57 Buick. Coils arrived within the three weeks (paint stuck to the inside of the box), no shocks, no bump stops. No response from emails I've sent, and no one picks up the phone.
    Will wait out the weekend for a response, and if none, will report him to my CC company and let them deal with him.

General consensus here seems to agree, decent product, crappy customer service?

I don't mind waiting a little longer, but a reply would be nice.

16. you guys are aware that they have been pulled from the alliance as well?

17. 5window

5window

Ryan had a post about it -middle of July, I think. Said they were good guys, but there had been some Alliance complaints. You can do a search and check it out-I'd hate to misspeak.

18. HilbornNailhead

HilbornNailhead
    from Maine

Just joined the board, so I wasn't aware, thank you.

Placed the order on July 25th. Got my springs three weeks later, which I was fine with. Took him one week to reply about the missing shocks/bump-stops, and he told me that they were due out the day he replied. Over one week later I get a package in the mail..........and guess what? ANOTHER SET OF SPRINGS!!!! And still no shocks!

The only thing more aggravating than the incompetence is the incredibly frustrating part of no one ever picking up the phone, returning calls, or having to send multiple emails demanding some kind of response.
    I'm now wondering if I even have the correct springs for the car (spring rate/height), but can't fully find out until I get the shocks......or I guess I should say IF I get the shocks.

Very frustrating.

19. InkaholicMike

InkaholicMike

I am experiencing the same thing! I ordered on Aug 6th, front coils springs and lowering kit for the rear of my 53 Chevy car and I received the lowering blocks but no coils and now no one answers the phone or returns emails. WTF? I should drive over there and tune someone up.....

20. jetmech69

jetmech69

Things that make you go hmmmmm??. I just got an email coupon from them today.....
    [​IMG]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Disclaimer: you have been sent this email because you or your friend opted you to receive this email through the jamcosuspension.com website. To remove yourself from future mailings, please click on the following link and you will be removed immediately: http://www.jamcosuspension.com/optOut/?mailingListID=5449 <o:p></o:p>

21. Marcy

Marcy

Because of all the reports of bad service on here I chose to order 3 inch lowering springs for my 63 Riviera from Coil Spring Specialties in Kansas. My custom springs shipped one week later! Couldn't be happier.

Marcy