Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jamco reverse eye spring 53 Merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadsled, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Help, I jusr rebuilt my rear end, and new Jamco reverse eye drop springs. Mounted with the reverse eye in the rear, 61 Ford shocks. It looks like the rear end has moved forward, the biggest problem is the drive shaft dosen't fit.

Was I told wrong is the spring in back wards? This sucks I get about 8 hours a month home to work on my car.

2. A few more details, the shackles are almost parallel with the ground and I have a set of 2 inch blocks installed. The more I look at it the springs are just to short.

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Get the camera. But first, measure the distance from the front spring bracket to the center of where the rear axle should be. (straight edge hung from holes in frame side rails at rubber snubbers)
    Now measure your spring from each end to the center bolts. If it isn't obvious, compare a spring with one of your old ones. You may have received springs meant for another vehicle...

Not every 'good old company' still has all the original employees...a new guy may not understand the numbering system. (the 'horizontal shackle' hints at a wrong length quotient)

4. Mike, thanks for the reply.

5. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

Hey Leadsled, I just left you a ph message