Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jamco problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by effie_man, Dec 3, 2011.

1. effie_man

effie_man

Just wondering if anyone else out there has had problems with Jamco Suspensions. I have ordered parts 8 months ago and they finally completed the financial transaction 3 months ago and i still dont have any parts. Is this normal for them?? :mad:

2. GreggAz

GreggAz

yes

try a search here

3. tattooedLew

tattooedLew
    from Mesa Az

Jamco is hit or miss sometimes. i had to have ryan email him to get my last order straightened out.

4. Road_Rat

Road_Rat

i hear this a lot with people out of the state more than anything..always wonder why?:confused:

5. effie_man

effie_man

they arent even being sent across the border by them, just to a buddies address in ND. From there im using a different carrier than UPS because they rape us canadians on exchange and duty rates

6. OlSchoolCruizin

OlSchoolCruizin
    from Tampa, fl

I just ordered from them and got my springs and shocks really quick.

7. LostHope

LostHope

Like said above use the search function and you'll find alot of people have had or have problems, After you wait for your parts whenever they may or may not show up dont be surprised if you get a incomplete shipment or wrong parts...but some people have and smooth transactions guess its just hit or miss...i like the website and parts they offer but they lack in the customer service area ,from my dealings with them rather not take the chance again .....good luck

8. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I ordered stuff from them for my '49 (engine/trans mount kit , suspension stuff ..) , and had a good experience . Stuff came quick , I had an install question & called them & talked to him right away - maybe I was lucky , maybe the stars were in alignment ... who knows . Quality stuff , if nothin' else .

9. Road_Rat

Road_Rat

it always seems 50/50 with em.about 95% of people I know who have bought parts seem to have received em in a decent turn around time. i can understand being busy but 8 months?:eek:

10. effie_man

effie_man

im surprised they answered the phone, the last time i tried to talk to them i had to call 3 times a day for a week before i got something other than the answering machine...

11. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

All I can add is I love your monarch. Those grilles are awesome. What were you ordering? Some other manufactures are out there with merc stuff

12. effie_man

effie_man

i ordered the ball joint conv, drop spindles, disc brake kit, tubular control arms sway bar and beefy springs for bbf

I kinda wished i came on here prior to ordering and read some of the other jamco threads... live and learn i guess, hopefully things get sorted out

13. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Like I said , maybe I got lucky . It was my 1st time ordering from them , and it all worked out good for me . Sucks to see other people not having the same experience .

14. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

I've used the fatman parts a.couple of times And no problems. I'm installing some dropped uprights disc kit and new tie rods shortly. The king pins with all knew parts work well and will last another 60 yrs. The disc kit came from a place that's local to me on eBay in anaheim I believe. I had all the goodies in a week.

15. Jamco is good people and i am sure they will come through for you. I did talk with Jim awhile back as they are thinking of switching to a Camaro spindle like i use on mine. If for some reason you cannot get the a-arm kit from Jamco and if interested contact me as i am going to be tooling up to make another batch of ball joint converted stock arms as i have had a flood of interest in them lately.

Matt that place Jamco get most of there brake parts from is called CPP and i also believe CPP make the a-arms for them

16. effie_man

effie_man

thanks, Ill keep that in mind

17. The problem with this is he's already paid for a set, is getting no response from JAMCO and has no idea how long till or if he's ever going to get his parts. Not exactly stellar customer service.

18. O'Doyle

O'Doyle

I ordered front and rear springs for my 55 and it took a few months to get them (even to Australia). They are on the HAMB and I found sending a pm through here an effective way of getting in contact with them. BTW...they do make quality gear as other people on here can also testify so hopefully you get your order soon!!!
    Good Luck mate. O'Doyle.

19. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Funny how different transactions can be. I ordered a set of springs and they were at my door in less than a week.

20. effie_man

effie_man

So i got a call from Jamco today and they passed the buck saying their distributors (CPP or CCP, whatever they are called, cant rem exactly atm) lost the 5 boxes that are supposed to be shipped to me. Apparently they are looking into it and waiting for a phone call to be returned. We shall see I guess.

21. cederholm

cederholm

They were good to me last year. Even called me questioning my order saving me a PAI mistake - my mistake that is.

~ Carl

22. effie_man

effie_man

i just hope they arent giving me the run around

Lynspop likes this.
  23. swekustom

swekustom
    from Sweden

seems like I am fucked. Shouldt have tried to order parts to sweden. Didnt get all of my parts. And they dont answer my e mails.

24. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Too many people having trouble with them couldnt all be flakes and they are Alliance Member? Why? Fatmans stuff better anyway

25. effie_man

effie_man

In the last week i have had 4 phone calls (even on saturday). Looks like they got all my parts gathered on friday and they are being sent out to me this monday. If they did the customer service to everyone like they had this last week for me i dont think there would be any bad threads about them. Too bad i had to come on here and say something to get it.

26. 5window

5window

I am not trying to be a smart-ass, but another,recently closed, thread on this company had Ryan stating he wasn't Customer Service for Jamco ("This is not JAMCO customer support. This is the HAMB"). . So, I am not quite clear when the HAMB can help or not, but I, personally, would think twice about ordering from anyone with multiple threads about delivery issues, even if they were Alliance vendors.

You do have to realize that shipping these days is both expensive and iffy, and problems with delivery are not always the seller's fault. On the other hand, there is no real excuse for a company to take your order,take your money and then not be accessible to help you resolve your issues,assuming you are reasonable about it.

JMTC-best of luck with your order.

27. I believe Ryan helps with alliance deals which means the distributor AND the purchaser are alliance members. Ryan isn't responsible for every transaction that takes place with Jamco and there tends to be a trend that most of these threads are started by guys that have very few posts.

If I were Ryan I would be getting tired of guys who can't be bothered to take the time and use the HAMB to do a search before they order from companies (in Jamcos case there is lots to find) but as soon as things go wrong they jump on here wanting help.

28. swekustom

swekustom
    from Sweden

well then its probably my own fault then !

29. metalix_421

metalix_421

they were good to me, fast turn around