Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage JALOPYRAMA 14 - A CALL FOR RODS AND CUSTOMS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Irishjr, Feb 8, 2017.

1. 2017JalopyramaAdCardRGB.jpg Solicitation3.jpg

I would like to request that people don't post pics of their cars on this thread, as we want to keep the invited and displayed cars a surprise at the show

Thanks, in advance....

Jim Ireland, AKA Irish Jr.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Can't wait, great show last year

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. It's an East Coast happening, not to be missed.:)

4. Looks like you may have opened one of these.:D;) can-of-worms.jpg

5. See ya there!
    Al Liebmann.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  6. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

See ya there!

lothiandon1940 and Dino 64 like this.
  7. Today some of the Rusty Nuts rode the Metro down to the Mall to see the McGhee Roadster on display.

It was like kids at the Candy Store Window:

DSC01716.JPG

Tomorrow they are putting the Hirohata Merc on display thru May 4. Boy, I wish they could leave it for display at Jalopyrama 14, featuring Customs at the Shipley!

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  8. all the cool kids go to this show.......... DSCF0009.JPG

9. Actually, I read the schedule wrong. They are putting the Hirohata Merc on display tomorrow morning. Bummer! I thought since I was down there and we were having fun with the picture I would post it here. I gotta go back down to the District before the 4th and I'll surely post the Merc photo here also.

Besides, it's still Jalopyrama Hot Rod Show.....but we've added "Featuring Customs at the Shipley" for this year.

10. Made it down to the District (again) to see the Hirohata Merc. Some young people from France were confused because they thought it might be a Lincoln or a Merc....The only problem was they were referring to a Mercedes! So then, after 'splainin' it to them, one used my camera to take this pic of me at the Candy Store window.......Wouldn't it be neat to have that in the show!

DSC01724.JPG

11. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't wait.

Dino 64 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Only four months to go !

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

13. Is there an outdoor show for drive-ins?

14. Yes. There's always many more cars outside than the ones that are inside.

15. Thanks, just might have to do this!

16. Yes. Usually about 400 show up. Cost is $10 per person, participants or specators, with proceeds benefiting two local charities.

17. "Customs at the Shipley".
    "Don't post pictures of your car on here 'cuz then people won't come"?!
    "Invite package, for selected vehicles, will be mailed to those chosen prior to them making a commitment."
    How Pebble Beach of you.
    I'll be sure to wear a nice blazer, slacks and straw hat.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  18. .............Do I detect a note of sarcasm?:confused:

19. brady1929

brady1929

At my age, I have rusty nuts!

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. Nah! Wear dungarees (blue jeans for you youngsters) with rolled up cuffs and your vape stuff rolled in the sleeve of a white t-shirt! Now THAT's formal!

You certainly are welcome to come from Oregon.

Just Gary, chopper99, Dino 64 and 2 others like this.
  21. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Think you got the wrong impression. This is a very laid back casual show. About the exact opposite of Pebble Beach
    Some of us like a little mystery about what's gonna be in the show, adds to the fun.
    Lots of attendees will be posting pics on here so you'll see them too.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Yes, "Customs at the Shipley." I'd like to point out a few facts to you so that maybe the next time you'll take the time to get the facts before you attempt to denigrate something or someone without knowing anything about it or them.
    1. MD was founded in 1634 and is the fourth oldest permanent English settlement in the U.S.
    2. Shipley is an old and well-respected name in the state of MD. It is one of the oldest names in England having been in use prior to the present form of the English language. The Shipley family has been a prominent family in MD since 1660 having been major landowners and businessmen, as well as serving in local and state government, and in the church. Many facilities throughout the state are named after this prominent family. The Shipley Arena, where the inside portion of Jalopyrama is held, happens to be one of them.
    3. The 2017 Jalopyrama will be its 14th edition, each one a charity show. The current charities are the Kahlert Cancer Center and the ARC of Carroll County with all proceeds going to the charities.
    4. We pride ourselves on producing a show with traditional hot rods, customs, and vintage race cars that most have not seen previously, certainly not for decades. That is the reasoning behind not publishing pix of the cars that will be there. We don't have to worry about patrons as the show has proven itself to be a winner for many years. As such, we attract cars and people from many states, even as far away as CA.
    5. A wise man once said, "It's better to shut one's mouth and have people think you're a fool, than to open one's mouth and confirm it."

You're perfectly welcome to come see Jalopyrama for yourself. You can even wear your nice blazer, slacks, and a straw hat, shud you wish to do so. We're not particular. By the way, is that your Pebble Beach car in your avatar? It certainly doesn't look like a 30 Tudor.

23. like EVERTHING in life, it's all about the people. i drove six hours to this show and the rusty nuts made me feel right at home. their hard work and dedication to put on a quality show, results in a great event. no drama, a car show with, and for real car guys............

24. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Really liked your car

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. I re-read the first post in it's entirety and will stand pat with my comment.
    Relax and be happy life is short.

bondolero likes this.
  26. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Cool

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.