Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown Thanks!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 21, 2006.

1. A new bar has been set, thanks Larry.

Here is my latest achievment with the hot rod.

2. coupedevil

coupedevil

Larry and Kim thank you so much for giving us HOT RODDERS the opportunity to share the day together at such a cool show. It's our favorite.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

$236.27 for fuel
    $100.00 for food
    $40 for tolls:eek:
    $10 event entry fee

7 muddy laps in a roadster........priceless:D

Hugs, kisses and MANY thanks to Larry, Kim and the whole So-What crew for putting on theeee BEST hot rod event ever.

If anyone lives within a two day drive and you don't attend this event...well, your just plan crazy.:eek:

4. 170 gallons of fuel
    $50 for food
    $160 for hotel
    $1,000 bond for Mark's bail:rolleyes:
    $10 event entry fee

9 muddy laps in a hot rod............Priceless.

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

There's a story here and I wanna hear it!!:D

6. Spike!

Spike!

He was clubbing baby seals with that trophy, wasn't he???? Douchebags..

Spike

7. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

..........YEE HAW! You can take 'em outta' Texas but 'ya can't take the Texas outta' them! (hope it all worked out?)

8. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Funny story........this lavender metallic pick up cruised in. I was checking it out. It appeared to be done in early 60's style. lullabelle and I were discussing the engine. It was heavily chromed and I wasn't 100% sure so I walked over and asked the driver. He said, "Buick, they call it a nailhead." I had thought so. I noticed thatthe guy was wearing a gold jacket with a lot of patches. It looked familiar. When I walked back, John asked if I knew who that was? I said no and he told me that it was BRUCE LARSON!!! The jacket was one of the old Car Craft deals..........
    Oh yea.......it was one hell of a good time..........
    [​IMG]

9. 54 chev gasser

54 chev gasser

thanks larry had a great time girlfriends first experience at a real car show wish i had the car done this year guess ill have to wait for next time around and again thanks for a great show

10. Chevychopper

Chevychopper
    from Smyrna, DE

What an incredible show. Turned my 10 year old daughter into a complete gear head in a matter of minutes. Got there at 9:00 and had to tear her away when the lights went out. The best part is seeing these crazy rides cruise around the dirt track. Could have watched that for hours. THis is how it should be! My hats off to Larry and all who contributed to the show!

11. kooldeuce

kooldeuce

Thanks Larry and the rest!!! I will be there year after year for sure.

My brother and I made a day trip out of it.
    5 hour ride in
    8 hours at the show
    6 hour ride home
    No tickets,No brake downs.
    Next year I'm hoping to tow a Scotty down with the deuce and party!:eek:
    (I mean camp)

12. kooldeuce

kooldeuce

And 3 hard laps:cool: :cool: :cool:

13. Ponyboy Miriello

Ponyboy Miriello
    from Pittsburgh

Me n my crew, the Drifters CC, had a killer time. That was THE BEST hotrod show I've ever been to. Thank you to everyone involved.

14. Spike!

Spike!

Funnier story...I knew who it was and introduced him to a friend of mine that's a striper, Kobbie. Kobbie says"Hey man, I'ld like to stripe your truck..I'll do it for FREE, it would be an honor". Bruce kinda looks at him like he needs convincing.. Kobbie says" It'll look real fifties". Bruce says " It IS real fifties". and walks away. I felt bad for Kobbie, but knew exactly what Bruce meant. He built that car back then and still has it. Hasn't changed much, so why add to it now..

Spike

15. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

By the way anybody know who the trooper in the white/red Tudor was? That thing ran around and on his second lap, on the back stretch I heard a few LOUD bang-cracks as he was able to find a few big rocks in the track. I'm talk pan cracking, axle housing marring rock/bang-cracks. Anyhow, he soldiered that thing for numerous other runs with the same vigor. Seemed like a nicely done ride, though I didn't get a chance to check it up closely. Nice to see he wasn't afraid to drive it.

16. THANK YOU!

You put your heart and soul into this and it shows. In a few years this thing will be huge!

Thanks for all that you do. We REALLY appreciate it.

And... Thanks Faye for NOT overheating on the way.

Stacey

17. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Bruce is smarter that I thought he was........... Kobbie CAN be good, but he's hot & cold!

18. beatervilleprez

beatervilleprez

Yeah...I would expect he would be...just like our hero...Von Dutch maybe? Hmmmm...

19. beatervilleprez

beatervilleprez

Yeah...Iwould expect he would be...just like our hero ...Von Dutch maybe?Hmmmm....