Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown Invitational Thanks & Sorry

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, Jul 30, 2012.

1. DaveZ

DaveZ

It was fantastic Larry. The rain only added to the expierence. The hail got a little scary. Without the rain we would not have been able to see Clark in all his mud and glory. Can't wait for the drags.

Thanks, Larry.

2. you the man brother... you and kim rule! it was a great time! Rain and storms make for mud and fun! Next time, ill strap in a 410 and go wheelpack the track, since the locals wouldnt ! ha ha.. Wish we could have talked more, i think me and aaron and jr were the last people to leave the track!

See you at the drags, it will be a great time man..

T.H.

3. BOB FRUTIGER

BOB FRUTIGER

Thanks Larry !!! How about another INVITATIONAL ? I would gladly pay more to attend another INVITATIONAL. The show had a really great feel.

4. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

Thanks Larry, and Kim, and all the rest of the crew, for another Great Event! It's about the Cars for sure, but ultimately, as a sage philosopher once said, "It's all about the people!" It was great, as always, to visit with so many friends, old and new at one place/time. Amazing how the Weather doesn't affect those who "get it." And, thanks to all, who expressed compassion, concern after the incident. Already looking forward to the Drags, and next May! Really enjoy being a long time part of the Crew, if you're doing it I'm there.

5. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

Thank you Larry and Kim for another exceptional show. This show will be the highlight of the year. I brought my father who is an "all original" car guy. He would not stop talking about all the exceptionally well made cars on our ride home. He has already made plans to go to next years showdown with, or without me.

6. 100% Matt

100% Matt

First Showdown I've been able to make and I'm so glad I did! Thanks Larry and crew

7. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Thank to Larry , Kim and the rest of the greatest crew anyone could ever ask for for putting on another great show . I really enjoyed myself and was able to talk with people that were much less stressed unlike the Showdown . I stayed through all the heavy rain , hail and everything else that mother nature threw at us Saturday . But like the rest we all stayed to see what would happen when the storms finally passed . I know everyone that went on the Muddiest Track conditions I have ever seen there yet , had a damn great time running in the mud !
    Yes it would have been nice to see the older dirt track cars get out there all together but then maybe that can happen next year at the Showdown !
    I am really looking forward to seeing the HAMB drags at Beaver again this year . Last year was a wash out but the drags are always a great show to see ! That is the other show I will never miss along with the Showdown !

Again , Thanks to Larry , Kim and the entire crew for all the damn hard work you do so we can all enjoy the best shows on the East Coast !

Retro Jim

8. Clark

Clark

There was such an amazing group of cars there....it felt like the first couple of years but better. It really would have been nice for the race car guys to run. Those poor guys sat tere in the heat and didn't get to run....that sucks.

Getting to run in the rain was a blast and even cooler was my father wanted a ride.
    Clark

9. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I saw you hoofin' it with a purpose toward the car in the rain... I knew what was coming.:cool:

10. KAJRIP

KAJRIP

Thanks Larry and crew, great show as always, see you at the drags!!

11. Larry: I want to thank you for inviting me, I felt at home with like minded people, most car shows nowadays are muscle cars and mustangs and we don't get a chance like this, heck even NSRA sold us out. This show was the best ever, you need not appologize, from what I could tell everyone had a blast. Thanks again.

12. Plowboy

Plowboy

Thanks Larry, the show was one of the best ones I have been to in a long time, I was glad it rained so I could get the Vicky out there and get it dirty! I hope all of the rain follows me back to Illinois!

13. the"GOOSE"

the"GOOSE"

Thanks for the great show, It was a blast.
    -Todd-

Attached Files:

14. gump

gump

Thank you to everyone who made this event. It was such a great show. I was honored to be apart if it and made many new friends.

Have to agree Clark starting his car up made all the gloom of the rain and hail go away!
    Great time.

15. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

When Larry gave me my invite back in May, I didn't think I was going to be able to make it......when it turned out that I *was* going to be free on Friday and Saturday, my pal, Van and I didn't hesitate a second when we talked about driving up in the *Fez Sled* again! The heat was truly terrible (and I sweat real easy....it was ruining my coiffure!).....all the way up for four grueling hours I felt like I was driving a convection oven! But when we arrived at Zach Suhr's estate it was all good just like that.......Rusty Sherrick even had his Model A truck there making homemade ice cream.......delicious, and that was a gracious thing for him to do.....much appreciated.... Hot Rod Heidi manned the grill and we all enjoyed some BBQ chicken, dawgs, and burgers......many of the usual suspects were there like Dick Lewis, Bruce Lancaster, and that hoodlum, Andy Kohler.......wonderful to just hang with friends from near and far.........

And then I was privileged to join the caravan with the FLYERS.....just a great ride over to Latimore and then onto the show grounds.......where else could you find so many truly *traditional* rods and customs except at one of Larry Garland's *Jalopy SHowdown* events.....and he made this one even more special because it was an *Invitational*......this is the kind of event that I crave and it did not disappoint, even though we had to endure an hour of driving rain and hail........at least the Fez Sled has windows and a roof!......but sitting in there for an hour like a steam bath was not much fun.......somehow though it sort of gives all of us something to talk about at the next bench race........I even got a nice poke from the *Rodder's Journal* folks in their latest splash through e-mail to subscribers.....anyone who wishes to see the article can go here:

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=4a901c25eb18819b5c27d49b7&id=3e6907efad&e=7f61a57b8b

Thank you Larry for organizing this great get-together of like minded *traditional* car people......Stache and I were very pleased that we were able to be a part of it......it was also nice to have a little time to chat with you, Larry.......Thank you, thank you!

See you next time...... CuznBrucie

16. Larry,

Thanks for the invite. I was humbled & honored to be included in with an amazing array of hot rods & like-minded folk. The initmate, laid-back feel to the event was amazing and is light-years ahead of the mega-car & mega-dollar shows that are the norm now. Keep up the good work & thanks again for an outstanding event.