Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown Drags One month out & poster art

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, Sep 6, 2009.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

We're less than a month out for the 3rd Jalopy Showdown Drags at Beaver Springs Dragway in Beaver Springs PA. Rain date is the 4th. There is plenty of on site camping (no hookups). The East Coast Gassers will be running again this year as part of their regular season and we're working on a couple other special guests. Heads up racing will be the same as before with 4 classes, small block, big block, flathead sixes & fours, exhibition. This will be 1/4 mile heads up racing for FUN…if you NEED a trophy, this is NOT for you!! Roadsters without roll bars WILL be allowed to run, but must be slower then 825 in the 1/8 mile ALSO MUST wear a full face helmet and a jacket. Tech Rules: 1: Seat belts and helmets ( full face for roadsters mentioned above) 2: No leaks that hit the ground when running 3: Secured battery 4: All lug nuts and studs on wheels (duhh) 5: Overflow catch can ...any of this is subject to change depending on track conditions. Like the Showdown, we're looking for 1964 and older traditional styled cars. If you have a newer VINTAGE drag car, we're not going to chase you off. Just not looking for any of the regular Saturday night race crowd.
    Here is the poster art from Curt Six...always cool stuff for us. See you there.
    [​IMG]

2. I'll see you there.

3. We plan to have Pinocchio there for his first shake down runs.

4. lulabelle

lulabelle

I'm not real big on long trips.

5. Class Reunion

Class Reunion
    from N.E. PA

"If you have a newer VINTAGE drag car,we are not going to chase you off." Boy that will open a can of worms at Beaver Springs.
    Gregg

6. Get the Mountain Dew and Confectionary sugar ready, can't wait!

7. scarylarry

scarylarry

I stopped when I typed that...looked at it and wondered if I should let it go. I think everyone here knows what we are looking for...and this is the only place I have said that. Sooooo, if some guy with a 69 Camero shows up-no racey. If Bruce Larson would show up with one of his cars-I think we could let him run! (just an example). We've had no issues yet, and Bob's regulars are gone for the season.

8. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
    Truck no makey this year...:mad:.....but, its apart for paint, so we can be purty next year. So....I'll be just chillin' in my Ranchero, I suppose.
    Maybe I'll run it, its too slow to hurt itself....:D
    Love this event, the BEAVER is the best!
    You guys are great for having it, and its actually close enough for my broke ass to attend this year!

9. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Trying to get my T altered done for this show, still have some work but as long as no unexpected things happen I should be there. Cant Wait!

10. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

What time does this event start? finish?

11. I have to wait another year to line up against you? Is that model a coupe gonna fit in a ranchero???

12. scarylarry

scarylarry

Gates open at 9, we finish when we finish! Also been getting lots of calls about swap spaces. Still $40 for a spot and gets two people in. You can bring LOTS of junk, we almost cant run out of room!

13. we have some of those "vintage race car" problems in MANDRA. Just don't want to see it happen here. I wouldn't bring my 62 catalina last year because i didn't think it fit in, but will bring the T this year. Greg can i borrow your jacket? Can't wait for this since i missed the showdown this spring.

14. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Can't wait ... until Oct 3rd

15. BISHOP

BISHOP

I cant go............But I want a poster. Will you sell me one.

16. scarylarry

scarylarry

If I have any left after the show.

17. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Ha! Yeah...I'm a day late and a dollar short!
    I thought about tossing it back together, with a new converter, and just dragging it out...but, it REALLY looks like shit...at least to me, anyway...;) I've heard good things about paint...I wouldn't know, I've never gotten anything that far!:D So this will be new for me!

You still wanna part w/ that coupe body then?
    I thought ya' maybe decided to keep it, and, as usual, got distracted by other projects...P.M. me, if so....

Looking forward to the campout!

18. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

If all works out I should be able to attend...........I do not plan on running in the small block class this year w/ my Truck, but maybe just line up against the Reaper all day and duke it out w/ Don.....if I make it..................and say hi to AmishLarry...oops, scarylarry he he he which runs a killer show and the people that run the Beaver are outstanding.................Littleman

19. scarylarry

scarylarry

Come on Littleman, wouldn't be the same without you!
    Also anyone that cant figure out what kind of car we are looking for are welcome to email me a photo and I'll tell you the obvious.

20. gas pumper

gas pumper

Questions for Larry..........."Roadsters without roll bars WILL be allowed to run, but must be slower then 825 in the 1/8 mile ALSO MUST wear a full face helmet and a jacket."

Does this mean one of them fireproof jackets, or is leather OK?
    Seat belt only?
    Is there an air compressor there to air up the tires after racing?

Thanks, Frank

21. fatabone

fatabone

Um...your not real BIG.

22. scarylarry

scarylarry

A jacket, just a jacket. Leather works. I'm sure we can get air in your tires after.

23. missed it last year, but wont let that happen this year... anyone making the trip from western pa???

24. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

I'll be there, not sure about accomodations, sold the sprinter, might have to tent it.

25. my old mans takin the shocker and the lump....expect HARD passes outta that little purple coupe..hopefully dad wont pussy foot it....and having the mag refurbished last week and a new rear end gear the lump will keep her firing on all EIGHT and leaving harder like she should be....wish i could make it....anybody got a push board??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

T. Hilton

26. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

We'll should be doing our usual: campin' at the track, with our giant-ass M*A*S*H* TENT!!!
    The "Officers club" shall return...I think it sleeps, like, 40, or something...I'm sure any wayward folks are welcome to crash in it, but, I imagine it will be somewhat on the noisy side until late-ish....;)

27. chopo

chopo

thats what she said!!:eek:

28. 38jon

38jon
    from York,PA

Can't wait, I will try to keep the damn thing straight this year, or not!

29. ...and too slow to beat my truck! We will see...

30. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Thats awesome art Larry!.....love it!