Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown #9 Thanks & muddy shoes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 22, 2011.

1. Thanks to Larry, Kim and all involved for the hard work they do. The Showdown is like a day at Disney World for hot-rod minded folks. Enjoyed every minute of it.....Don.

2. 53 Kaiser

53 Kaiser
    from York, Pa.

No doubt it is a lot more work than those early years but the fun still out weighs the work. I'm not quiting until you and Kim call it quits. Like Larry I would like to thank all of you for not Bitching. When we were filling up inside and I told people they might have to park in the field. They were cool and just happy to be there. You can't ask for more than that. Thanks for that pic Tommy. I miss that old Kaiser. See you at the gate next year, Thanks for coming! Scott

3. how many days til #10!?

4. God bless larry amd kim!!!

5. mtrhead

mtrhead

Great show as always.... Thanks

6. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

The world might end. But the legend of this show will live forever! Thanks to all the folks that make this great event happen!

7. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

It was a blast as usual, thanks to everyone involved! One of my favorite weekends of the year for sure.

8. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Even with the my little bitchin' about the BBQ guy right in front of me, everything worked out great in the flea market area. In fact, the crowd around the bbq guy may have helped me sell a lot of my stuff! Thanks for everthing; the show was great, the mud was always needed but maybe just a little less:)
    I'll be there for 10 in a row next year, for sure! J'Mike

9. Wizard

Wizard

Thanks for the bales of hay Larry! It saved our vendor spots over by the Siphee hole. Had a blast! Can't wait till next year.

Wizard

10. scarylarry

scarylarry

Thanks for making it easy for me. Unfortunately a few of our vendors are going to have to sleep on the wet spot & we just try to make the best of it! As long as you are selling we are all happy!!

11. loranzo46

loranzo46
    from pa

Thanks Larry for the great show you put on every year. Even with the wetness it made it even more fun. Keep up the badass work you do for us and looking for the drags and next year.

12. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

Thank you Larry,Kim, & Crew, i love this show and hope i never have to miss it ! Thanks for giving the east coast something to look foward to each and every year

13. surely you are gonna post some pics...I am counting on it since i could not make it this year :mad:

14. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Truthfully when My dad and I left I figured it to be worse,Everything was great ,I just have one question Did the 77 or so olds that had a newer light mettallic blue ,Make it out,That car was sunk.............

15. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

Thanks again to you and your entire crew.

This is the only show my daughter talks about during the year, i'm sure we'll continue to get a vendor spot every year.......

good luck with the little playground teeter-totter, offer to restore/repaint/replace all hardware for the latimore playground is always open if it's deemed "safe and approved"

16. 48fordor

48fordor
    from York, PA

Looked like it. We saw it by the museum later in the day.

Great show, we look forward to it every year. Glad to hear the BBQ vendor will be back - the line was long but it was worth it. I vote to bring back the surf music band again - it isn't often I get to hear Ventures music live!

17. Cshabang

Cshabang

Larry and crew..thank you for all the work you do every year to make the show a reality. Im glad I made the trip down this year after not being able to for 5 years....

18. Spike!

Spike!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Larry and Kim and everyone that makes this show great! nine was fine, let's do it again at TEN!

Spike

19. sumo

sumo

Thank you my friend always a pleasure helping out whereever I can
    Sumo

20. Glad I made the trip-only #3 for me, but is now an annual rite of Spring.

21. Had a great time again. Thanks for the fun and the mud. You are a class act and get that knee looked at.

22. Tony

Tony

Larry here's 2 of your finest laying down on the job!! TOGETHER besides! :D

Sorry guy's, you just knew this HAD to end up on here! hahahaha

too damn funny!!

Tony

Attached Files:

23. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have to find a way to get back there for #10..

24. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Larry, great show. Thanks a TON for getting me a spot! Met a bunch of customers and made a few friends. The cars are great, the show is great, the track is great, the swap is great!! Thanks again, Matt

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  25. Tony

Tony

yes you do!!!!

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's about 2800 miles for you and 2650 for me. I can't do a road trip next year unless it is go like hell both ways with little time for looking around. At today's prices it would take me a bit over 1000 for gas round trip. I might need an overdrive.

27. 29pu

29pu

thanks to larry and all the crew for another great showdown.had three generations of my people in attendance with dad being 71 shortly and still building cars.looking forward to the drags next.

28. scarylarry

scarylarry

Somebody looks wayyyy too happy to be there! ;)

29. sololobo

sololobo

An event only a mudder could love!! Sick, cool, muddy, sweet, rockin, good time. Wish I was closer to attend. ~sololobo~

30. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Yes you do! That exact statement was muttered around the campfire, "we've got to get Boones here for #10!"