Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown 5-17-08 W/PICS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Good Wood, May 18, 2008.

1. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

I realize everyone is busy cleaning caked-on mud from their rides, and probably will be for months, but take a break & check out the photos.

Once again scarylarry played host to one of the most anticipated events on the East Coast this hot rod season. Early arrivals to the camping and swap areas had to be greeted by muddy conditions & rain at setup time, but mercifully by later on Friday evening the rain had subsided. After several days of heavy rain, Saturday morning dawned with bright, sunny skies, and the temps rose as the cars started to roll in. The saturated ground and muddy track kept very few people away (we looked for you hotrodman2000), and by afternoon the infield was almost filled to capacity.

The H.A.M.B. meet 'n' greet at noon was huge. The swap meet was busy, the metal working display was expanded, the souvenir and food lines were long but moved along, and the band provided the perfect sound track for flying around the oval track.

If things get any better, Larry may be faced with the problem of outgrowing the space. The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing benefits from the event, and is the reason for its existence so the venue is here to stay.

Though the sunny skies and warmer temps were welcomed by all, the conditions of the track were perfect for a few fun laps, and those brave enough to take the inside were rewarded with showers of mud, and a whole bunch of slippin' and slidin'. The mud contributes to the flavor of this event, and it just wouldn't be the same on a dry, dusty track.

As always, the cars are the magnet that draws us together, but the people make these events special.We ran into so many old friends and acquaintances, and met so many new ones, that I won't even attempt to name them all here. Just know that you made our day, and the memories remain.

Thanks to Larry and all of the staff and volunteers it takes to pull something like this off.

Well, I rambled on long enough, so I'll get busy posting the photos in no particular order, additional comments, or explanations. Hope you all enjoy them.............................................................Woody & Sandy

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

more

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/goodwood12/Jalopy%20Showdown%205-17-08/?action=view&current=DSCF0047.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/goodwood12/Jalopy%20Showdown%205-17-08/DSCF0047.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/goodwood12/Jalopy%20Showdown%205-17-08/?action=view&current=DSCF0048.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/goodwood12/Jalopy%20Showdown%205-17-08/DSCF0048.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/goodwood12/Jalopy%20Showdown%205-17-08/?action=view&current=DSCF0050.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/goodwood12/Jalopy%20Showdown%205-17-08/DSCF0050.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

and more

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

5. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

6. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

7. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

8. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

9. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

10. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Awesome pics--Thanks for sharing!!

Im sooo bummed i wasnt able to make it...

11. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Hey, thanks for the pics....was in the flea market all day and missed the meet and greet.....missed some of the cars too......stan

12. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

13. awsome pics man!!

14. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

15. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

16. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

17. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

man i wish i could have went! that looks fun! thanks for the pictures

18. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

19. Buildy

Buildy

Nice Job!

Hey,I think I`m the guy who took that Group photo for you!?

I know I had 4 or 5 different groups of folks had me take a shot for them.

20. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Wow thanks for the pictures, for those of us that didn't make it. What's the story with that olds convertiable? I bet Denise had a hard time staying away from it!

21. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Holy crap - LOTS of good pics :eek: !

22. Looks like Vicki and ken stayed outta the mud with the caddy,,,,should have brought their early 4 wheel drive chevy truck and really slung some mud,,:D,HRP

23. myke

myke
    from SoCal

thanks for the pics!

24. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Thanks for the amazing pictures which perfectly captured the fun of my favorite car event of the year.
    Also special thanks to all who participated and made it possible.
    Sixty dollars worth of gas and a sore ass to drive there but it was totally worth it! :D

25. Wow! This event looks like it's a blast. The camping pictures are a great way to start. It's so green, there's a stream, and you're right there at the car "show". It reminds of going to fly-ins in the summer when I was a kid. The laps around the muddy track looks like so much fun. I'd like to hear a bit on how that works if someone would like to tell.

Thanks,
    Kurt

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that looks like a fun show. thanks for posting the pics.

27. 29paul

29paul

Some guy that only wash and wax his ride and does not drive it is crapping his shorts.Great pics love hot rods with mud on them.Build them to drive.

28. :DWhat a great time we had meeting up with Denise, Megan, and their entourage.....:D:p We also met up with lots of other good friends that we hope to see again...noboD, BeaverBob and Mrs. Bob, and our W.Va. buddie Gary M., and so many others .....Mostly....A
    Big Thanks to ScarryLarry and his wondercrew for getting the park in shape....with lots of help from above for the special effects..... :p The pictures depict the fun and challanges had by all. :eek::cool::rolleyes:

29. gas pumper

gas pumper

Hey Kurt. Here' how it worked yesterday.
    Go to the driver's meeting, just like racing. The race director tells everyone to behave or you get black flagged. If you knock the fence down you bought that section. (there is a section with someones name on it:D) If you run up high outta the mud don't go over 40 mph. If ya run in the mud don't get stuck. Go line up, two laps for everyone. A lot of cars want to run.
    I spent two hours waiting to run. This pic is me driving, The track was a little slippery in 3-4 but the straights and 1-2 were excellent. I was getting up to approx 65mph at the end of the straights, I thought the speed limit was for the turns:), my bad:D.

It was woth the wait, the 4 hour ride to get there, the ride home in the rain, and even the tow truck ride for the last 60 miles home after my little car fell in a CRATER on RT100 in PA and knocked the oil plug off the pan.

The track time was worth every minute of it.
    Frank

[​IMG]

30. Great Pictures. Had a blast this year. Maybe i had toooo much fun....

Jeff- thanks for the invite man
    Denise - it was great seeing you, good luck on the new olds
    Megan- Please marry me. We'd be perfect together!