Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopy Showdown 2013 - Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave_D, May 18, 2013.

1. lorodz

lorodz

My car was coverd inside and out with water and mud, and so was I and my passenger jon. 5 mins up the highway was a really good car wash. I pulled In spent 6 bucks anzd completely washed my car and a trailer.if you look at the car today I'm ashamed to say it don't look like it went through the mud. Not a sign of mud eccept the tread on the tires. Once you do it you will not regret it...

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

2. Cool pics! Thanks for posting.

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

everytime I see pics of this event - it makes me think of just how much fun I had the 2 years I was able to go.
    The entire crew there run a top notch event and all those people that actually hit the track - they have the right attitude - have fun and wash ém when you get home.
    Wish I could have been there.
    There is no show that equals this for sheer fun quotient.

4. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Thanks for responding A Boner (lazy ass) Won't say you aren't smart in your decision though as most won't get in the mud. But those who do, do it for you. Would like to have you come out and be a part of the fun, but I see it would be a long haul for you.

So keep an eye out for more vids of us crazies and enjoy. Shake your head, grin, but enjoy.

Thanks for being cool about it.........................

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hot dammm that looked like a blast?

6. rld14

rld14

Me too, that's me! I keep hoping someone has video of it on the second run when I got it really muddy.

I'd also like to say that not only was this show a blast, but a HUGE thanks to Larry and his crew of kickass people who put on a fantastic event with a very cool vibe.

Amazing cars, tons of fun and a great bunch of people.

7. rld14

rld14

Because its fun. SHITLOADS of fun.

I probably had more fun in an old car yesterday, blasting my old 4 door family sedan around a historic dirt track and getting it filthy than I've ever had in one. And I've driven antique cars pretty much for the 20+ years that I've had a license and I've had some pretty incredible drives in classic cars as well.

I'll not speak for anyone else, but I've always used my old cars hard. It's a 54 Ford, not a Tucker. If I break it, I'll buy the parts and fix it (ive broken it before and will continue to do so) and if I get it dirty I can wash it. I drive it into Manhattan, in the rain, all over the NY City metro area, and have even driven it in the snow. On the way to and from the showdown I ran with modern traffic at 70-75mph. I've put about 15k miles on that car since October of 2011.

On bias ply tires too.

If you think I'm nuts, well, the only reason the Ford was there was because I didn't have time to fix my 60 Lincoln... The same one I got pulled over for going 88 in a 65 in :)

I haven't got a tenth the skills or knowledge of most of you guys but dammit I do love that old car and manage to keep it running. Maybe that's why I love this show so much, people use their cars in anger, as they were intended to be used.

Redneck? I'll take that as a compliment. Come to the showdown next year, take your car on the track and have fun. I guarantee you won't be able to wipe the smile off of your face!

8. Spike!

Spike!

Its mud. It washes off. Not a hard concept to grasp. Go back to your lawn chair.
    Spike.

9. .........That is classic!......and A-Boner maybe you should check out the thread and photos from last years "Race of Gentlemen".:D

10. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Outstanding pics! Thanks for putting them up!

11. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I gotta respect hot rodders who don't mind getting their cars dirty. Looks like you guys had a blast!

12. awesome pics... especially the action shots!

13. 5fiver

5fiver

Thanks for taking the time to post your KOOL pics. This show needs to go on my todo list.

14. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Thanks for posting! Very hard to look at, I CANT BELIEVE i HAVE MISSED THE LAST TWO YEARS STRAIGHT. Its my fault though, Im the one that taught my kid how to play baseball!:(

15. Brian C

Brian C

Baseball? Oh yeah, that's one of those pastimes that only takes 1 ball....:p

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app