Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopy Showdown 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slim Pickens, May 15, 2010.

1. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks Ralphy. Best show! Slim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sewanhaka62

sewanhaka62

thanks to all for another great show -only thing missed was the rocket

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

GREATLY missed. The guy that drives it had to work his real job on Saturday. He was really bummed he had to miss the Showdown from what I was told.

4. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

Here is some pictures from the Richmond guys. There was -JoeSmith-, CluthDumpinDan, modelarocket, and DRuss32 was the framed guy in the picture. He could not make it in person so Doug (-JoeSmith-) came up with the great idea of him being there in spirit.

http://picasaweb.google.com/chappys4life/JalopyShowdown2010#

I wish I would have gotten some driving there shots but on the bike the camera was to tricky to reach. Awesome show and probably my favorite show I have ever been to really loved everyones just wanted to hangout spirit with no ego's or I am cooler than you spirit. Just tons of genuine people talking about cars it was great!

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Jalopy Showdown 2010</td></tr></table>
    [​IMG][/url]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Jalopy Showdown 2010</td></tr></table>[/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Jalopy Showdown 2010</td></tr></table>[/IMG]
    [​IMG]<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Jalopy Showdown 2010</td></tr></table>
    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Jalopy Showdown 2010</td></tr></table>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

FUCKEN CLASSIC...DRuss32 was there, LMFAO

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Anyone got any more pix of this car...rear shots... builder/owner...what's been done???

Thanx,
    R-
    [​IMG]

7. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

8. That stuff with "DRuss32" is hilarious, he seems to be quite a ladies man :D.

[​IMG]

9. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx Woodpecker...it's not all the time someone does a '59 Ford two door for a kustom...usually it's always the hardtops...that's a nice job and even modifying the fins looks good...similar to a '57 Ford rear...

R-

10. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

11. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Great pics Slim. We wanted to come and it was very doable. We raced on sunday right up the road at Quarter Aces. Couldn't make it though on Saturday as my son had a baseball game and my daughter had a swim meet. If it's 1/2 as much fun as the Jalopy Drags it's a winner. Maybe next year.

12. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks CGasWillys. Its twice as much fun. Top two events of the year. See you at Englishtown and Beaver Springs. Slim

13. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Awesome shots, I cant miss this show next year...

14. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

We had a super time good show! Thanks Larry
    Denise...we looked for you to say Hi but no dice....BUMMER! Maybe next time?

15. slammed

slammed

Man, what a show! This event sure has turned into a 'must do'. Mucho thank's for the great photo's.

16. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

I was at the Meet and Drink almost from beginning to end. I can easily understand why some don't remember what happened that night. I was stone sober, but some probably thought otherwise. I just happened to be like that all the time. But don't worry gang, what happened at the meet and drink, stays at the meet and drink......lol

Anyone still have their balloons and dice? Let the rest wonder about that.........................

17. Cool pics man thanks for posting

18. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Yea I have my dice!! Thanks, now I know where I got it! LOL

19. Blk210

Blk210
    from New Market

I would like to thank everyone for the photos they posted of the lil guy and me, it was one of the greatest times of my life and i cant wait for next year! If you guys ever need anything, please dont hesitate to ask and like i said before, Larry, i will definitely look into the volunteer work, the Miller's are close friends of mine and i spent alot of time Saturday with Kenny who does alot of the work at the track. Thanks everyone.

20. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

You are more than welcome for the dice Va Hamb. Just saw the other thread with the Hamb tag topper Denise has and the red dice popped right out at me. Cool how things come together sometimes.

Didn't find anything else strange in your pocket the next day besides the dice, did you??????????

21. Thanks for stopping.

22. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Just an empty bottle of booze!!

23. brucelipski

brucelipski

Did anyone get a photo of that 'matte purple' 50's shoebox Ford custom located at the entrance to turn 3 on the outside rail ?? I would REALLY like to have a photo of that ride !!!

Thanks,

Bruce :cool:

24. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Here ya go Bruce. Slim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Grilledburger

Grilledburger
    from Central PA

I had a great time there this year. Been going since 2006. It's cool to see so many people coming out. Heres a link to 70+ photos I took this year. Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2063854&id=1420683207&l=c4cd713783

Also, here are some photos from from last years Drags.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2063639&id=1420683207&l=f6f12ebbc2

I have a lot more b/w prints from the drags. If you want to see more let me know, so i can go to the lab and get them developed, (they were all taken with b/w film).

26. no6... had a chance to look your ride over at the showdown and all i can say is "wow", i absolutely love it. i think it was built right out of one of my dreams! do you have all your carbs working?

27. brucelipski

brucelipski

Slim,

Thanks !!!!

That has to be one of the 'finer' shoebox customs to come along in quite a while. The craftsmanship on this car was GREAT !!

Bruce :cool:

28. Just the two center ones, before I set it up I talked to Charlie Price at Vintage and he said to make it drivable without any headaches to just run the two center ones, I have had no problems.

29. rodknocker

rodknocker

Here's ashot of the rear of that shoebox.

Attached Files: