Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopy Showdown 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slim Pickens, May 15, 2010.

1. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Thanks for sharing the pics.Looks like everybody had a great time!

2. Johnnymurt69

Johnnymurt69

This was a great show! Had a blast!

3. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

Great show as always

4. oj

oj

I made it only for sat afternoon and had a blast. Watching the cars go around the track is incredible and sounds kinda stupid until you see a modified banger out there and it really is special, made me want to get back to the shop to build one so i could do it. I got some great deals at the swap meet, stuff i've been wanting for quite a while. The cars were beautiful, traditional hot rods to lead sleds and even a chopped COE with a rear-engine double W motor (at least that is what i thought it was, two 348's coupled together). But the ladies! they were just beautiful. I believe i'll make it a weekender next year.

5. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Wow! Best show ever! Thanks to all who made it happen! :D

Attached Files:

6. slobitz

slobitz
    from drums, pa

Barnum and Bailey is full of shit!!! Larry`s Jalopy Showdown is the greatest show on earth.
    Stan.............

7. oldskool30

oldskool30

It is an "A" motor with a Lions head on it . not mine but I looked it over sounded sweet when he fired it up

8. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks again to Larry and his crew. WOW. But also thanks to all the folks who travelled to show and race there cars. Met Killer folks from Pennsylvania, Maryland and Rochester and Long Island and Guys from the area to NJ. And love the ladies. See ya next year, but see ya at the Drags at Beaver Springs. Slim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn I missed a really good time. Looks like a perfect Showdown......Rad Cars, Good People and Sloppy Mud!

10. Diamond49

Diamond49

Looks like a Hella good time. We are planning on going next year.

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

looks like a model A motor with a canted plug head

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. Thanks again for a great time Larry and crew. What a great show. Its gets better each year. Can,t wait for the new showers. Weather was the best its ever been.

13. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Slim, it was nice hanging out with you at the meet and greet. sorry we couldn't find that Virgin sacrifice........seems the SO WhAT guys have started to mello.
    A big thanks to Larry and Kim for another great show. Sorry you had to yell at me for the noise Larry...won't happen again.
    Bob K, hotroded,Murph,Megan,Denise, VAHAMB,dirty30, crusinbruce and all the others.........it was fun to see and talk with you all again
    Pat and Erin.......as always, great to see you both.
    And a very special thanks to Amy Kelly....killer bartender for sure
    The whole thing was simply a bag of fun. Nice to meet all the HAMB people. Seeing Megan and Denise kick hotroded's ass in the mud after the show ( see....you should have stayed a little later ) was described as " Traditional " Megan and Denise mud fun.
    Can't wait to see more of the pics

John

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  14. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

That looks like fun! Thanks for the great pictures.

15. 1oldrat

1oldrat

Great show and a great time

16. GREAT FUN...Thanks Larry, Jr., Clark, John, Bob K (great seeing you again), Sawzall, Jalopyrama Mike, Jay Fitzhugh, hrm2k, The Bull, Leonard, Paulie, W. Rattigan and everyone else. I was with some guys who had never been to the show....They were very impressed to say the least. If you missed this show....try to get here next year...its worth the drive!!! x 10.

Murph:cool:

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  17. Oldsklmike

Oldsklmike

18. Verminator

Verminator

Larry, Kim, Clark, Junior and all you guys -- THANKS AGAIN !!!!! Another great Showdown this year. By the time we got our vendin' spot setup and digging the Ultra Kings friday night, we forgot about getting over to the HAMB Meet&Drink. We Still caught up with lots of you old and new friends on Saturday.
    Anybody who hasn't made it to the SHOWDOWN DRAGS, start making plans, cause it's another Great Show !!! See You There !!!! Pat & Kim Verminator

19. hotrod_vixen61

hotrod_vixen61
    from Pittsburgh

We had so much fun!!!! Definetly a weekend to go down in the books! Met so many Hambers and made great friends!

20. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

For the ones that missed the greatest show on the east coast this year , here are some pictures of the event !
    Thanks again to Crazy Larry and the Showdown crew for a great time ! Will see you all again next year !

http://s815.photobucket.com/albums/zz79/RetroJim55/

Retro Jim
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

21. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

A few more. Slim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Haven't been home long. As every year we had a blast! I met alot of new folks this year even though I don't remember much of anything that went on after dark. I'll try to post some pics later.

23. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

that looks like an awesome time... really wanted t go, shitty i couldnt get off work.

24. lead54chrysler

lead54chrysler

damn it im kicking myself in the ass for not being at this show!!!

25. 29pu

29pu

slim didn`t mean to worry you with the fire.we had everything under control,i think.you left all your beer in my kooler.just to let you know we took great care of it for you.definitely great camping neighbor.i`ll be looking for you at beaversprings.it was blast, as every year is.went to the meet and drink.met denise and a few other people.she`s very enjoyable to talk to.thanks larry and the crew for another great time.

26. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I gotta tell everyone that I can confirm once again what I have said in the past.........
    Jalopy Showdown is quite simply the most fun you can have at a show.

What else is there? Good people, great cars, action on the track, killer bands, amazing swap meet, talented artists.....

TOTALLY worth the trip from Iowa.

Larry and his crew make this entire event seem like it is no work at all....I can tell ya coming from both sides of these events, that this is not always an easy task. They pull it off with seemingly no effort at all and this can only be a direct result of a lot of behind the scenes hard work.

Thanks to all those that make this event happen. I truly appreciate it and I know that there were people there for the first time and they stated they would be back fer sure.........

This year seemed like it was packed to the gills with amazing cars and people with the right kind of mindset to enjoy the festivities. I am not sure where Larry is going to put more cars that are going to show up next year.................
    but I am gonna try my best to be there to see what the solution is.

Bottom line -
    this is one of THE shows that I compare all the other shows in the country to.

So far - I have found only a handful of shows that even come close to the amount of fun that is to be had at the Jalopy Showdown.

If you have never been........................GO!

27. 1low52

1low52

Well said coolstuff!!!!
    Many thanks to Larry, Kim and staff for the must be there event of the season.

28. rat seeker

rat seeker

Looks like I missed a lot of fun

29. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

it was really nice getting to meet you Slim, thank you for sharing your photos with us!