Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopy Fest V Chicagoland Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by STRCOMP, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Join us September 6th & 7th for Jalopy Fest 2014! Grundy County Speedway Morris, Illinois.
    This is our 5th year making it one of the longer running shows in the Chicagoland area.
    The best thing about Jalopy Fest is that we have Fun!
    Swap Meet, Rockabilly Music, Vendors, Chopped Top Limbo Contest, Food, Beer, Pin Up Contest, Jr Miss Pin Up, Lil Miss Jalopy Fest, Lil Mr. Leadfoot, Flame Throwing Contest, Bon Fire.
    We'll have a silent auction for Jr. Diabetes.
    Cars are $20 & there is no extra charge for your passengers!
    Spectators are $5, Swap meet spots are free just pay you daily admission and camping is also free just pay the daily admission also NO CAMP FIRES ALLOWED by the fairgrounds, That's why we put on a bon fire in a safe area.
    Check out www.jalopy-fest.com email us at [email protected] and see us on facebook.
    Would like to thank;
    D'Arcy Motors
    Babe's Jumbo Hot Dogs
    Ledfoot News
    Mitch O'Connell
    jalopyfest201411by17 (518x800).jpg

2. We changed our facebook page from a "freinds" page to a "like" page and already have over 5650 likes. Go to our facebook page to get updates as Septemper 6th & 7th get closer! www.facebook.com/jalopy.fest

3. After changing our facebook page we have had over 700 likes this week bringing up over 5720!
    Thanks to anyone that may have visted our facebook page this week.

4. Lil over two weeks away! Come on out and join the fun. Just like the last four years we have a lot of stuff going on both days and only for $5. Its twenty bucks for all the cars that want to be in the show and if you come back Sunday your car will get in again! Grundy County Speedway in Morris Il. Go to jalopy-fest.com and check it out!

5. porky55

porky55

We'll be there. There's camping too?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. A Boner

A Boner

What was the car count for the 2013 event?

At what time do the gates open?

7. A Boner

A Boner

Hello......anybody home?

8. Yes there is camping. And its free you just need to pay the daily addmision of $5 per day per person. No camp fires, we will have a bonfire Saturday night .
    show cars are $20 no matter how many in the car.

Gates open at 9:00 both days. Last year we had just over 600 cars.

9. A Boner

A Boner

Thanks.....seems like it's worth the drive down.....I really miss the old Pile Up!

10. We miss the Pile Up also. The most fun we ever had at a car show.

11. Just been told that Cody Roth will be joining us Saturday & Sunday. Stop by I'm sure he will have many stories to tell about his dad Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!

12. The weather looks perfect for this weekend. Come on out and join us this Saturday and Sunday. Grundy County Speedway in Morris Il. Go to jalopy-fest.com for more info and check us on facebook for more updates.

13. porky55

porky55

Will we be able to camp Friday night by chance? Or only Saturday?

14. You can camp Friday. We will have someone at the gate till 9:00 so come by as soon as you can. After that we lock the gate.

15. porky55

porky55

Thanks, we got a 4 hour drive and hoping to avoid the early leave.

16. I'll be there again this year.

17. I plan on attending Saturday. It's my first time attending.

Streetrods are drivin' by Chevy, Hotrods are powered by Ford!

18. porky55

porky55

Just checking there will be someone there until 9.... we're on our way, but got caught in a wicked storm.

19. Great show. I fell in love with an untouched all original black 1936 Ford 3-window. It was in great shape and looked like it probably did in the early 40's. I say it was worth every penny of the $15k asking price.

20. It was an awesome show for the couple hours i was there. The dates are going on the calander list for next year. I will bring a vehicle and stay all day.

Streetrods are drivin' by Chevy, Hotrods are powered by Ford!

21. Glad you guys had a great time. We truly enjoy puting Jalopy Fest on and its all because of the people that attend. September 12th and 13th are the dates for 2015.

22. cmarcus

cmarcus

Amazing amazing time!! I have a bunch of pics to post up...but they are all on my personal computer....currently at work. Will try to get them loaded up tonight. This was my first time, and I will be there next year with my '50 with the 283 SBC dropped in!