Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Jalopy Auction: 1941 Ford Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 24, 2023.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Jalopy Auction: 1941 Ford Pickup

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Ryan, weren't you looking for a '40/'41 p/u with a flathead sometime ago? Seems like this one checks all the boxes. Just saying.:cool:

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I already told Steve it wouldn't be on the market if I hadn't just wrecked my race car.

This is my type of pickup too... Mechanically fresh and reliable, but still looks, feels, and smells like an old truck...

4. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good things take time. I'm sure that over time sellers will step up, if they want to get the best results for their sale.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.

5. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That really is a beautiful 41 Ford pick up truck!
    What a shame you cant add it to the cool fleet of possessions there at ATOMIC headquarters!
    Thanks from Dennis.

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Man, I would love to bid on thet truck, but I open my wallet and all I see is moths and dig in my pockets and there is nothing there but lint.

Ryan, the video is impressive along with the commentary, I wouldn't have any reservations with bidding with confidence. HRP

7. Totally wish this was available to use when I sold my 54 and My Touring, heck even when I had the Rocky33!

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  8. agshelby

agshelby
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The photos look great Ryan - thanks for pulling this together. I have mixed feelings about selling the truck as it has been a big part of my life for the last several years.

Note that the door logo is down with one-shot, and can quickly be removed.

If anyone has any questions or needs more details - please reach out via PM or this thread.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2023
  9. I'll add some commentary to support your narrative about "more info the better". I've been doing this old car thing for about 60 years and have had lots of them come and go. With each sale, and with changes in methods of communication over time the "best" methods to sell have evolved.

A few years ago I listed a traditional '30 hiboy roadster here on the HAMB. Compared to many ads I had more pics and verbiage than average. But when my eventual buyer contacted me that still wasn't enough....................you see, he was in Japan, a long ways from my then home in Seattle. He asked for a video. Being an old fart that hadn't occurred to me, but my bride and I did a small "production meeting" and planned out a short video to show the car starting readily, warming up, a full walk around to show all the pluses of condition and of course the all important sound. Then just a short shot down the road to hear the shifting of the trans, the up and down of the engine revs, and so on. And on return to the house we left it idling to do a close up of the gauges showing reasonable water temp, oil pressure, and power charging. All the things a serious buyer would be concerned about. That little 6 minute video sealed the deal. Today I can't imagine that selling a car remotely for top dollar would be practical without abundant still pics AND a well thought out, informative video. Listen to the man, Ryan knows of what he speaks.

10. jaracer

jaracer

I don't know if you have one, but you need to have a worksheet for the seller to fill out.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We start with a form obviously, but that is just a starting point. I typically email back multiple times with further questions...

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Sort of off topic, but I sent my second ever spam email to users about The House and this feature. I was super nervous about doing it as I expected a bunch of people to get pissed off about the "cold call" nature of it...

Instead, I have gotten the nicest emails of support back. Like, over the top kind... Can't tell y'all how much I sincerely appreciate that.

13. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

very nice truck! am watching it closely. Wish it was a bit closer-ship to Ca don't know how much. Have a coupe with flathead Columbia etc-sweet driver. Was gonna hotrod it like many we have done but way too nice to fool with.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. agshelby

agshelby
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Columbia is a great option. It can be used in every gear, and I use it in 2nd gear for around town driving. It shifts up and down very smoothly and has never hung in gear.

I have very mixed feeling about selling and have kicked myself around a bit over the last week.

it’s coming down to the wire - let me know if there are any questions -

Outback likes this.
  15. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

thank you-mine shifts great as well-never an issue. I use mine the same

16. Budget36

Budget36

At least you have lint!

210superair and Outback like this.
  17. agshelby

agshelby
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Ryan: Thanks for taking the time with the write-up and photos! Sorry that it didn't make the reserve, but the upside is that I still have a great little truck.

18. flyin-t

flyin-t

What a cool little pickup and I love the '39 deluxe headlights. Always a great look with the '40-1 haulers.

19. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I hate spam. Email about hot rods is not spam.... Lol

Outback and theHIGHLANDER like this.
  20. agshelby

agshelby
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For anyone interested in the truck - I am open to offers now. I will advertise it soon. Hit me up on my email or PM. [email protected]